Do the majority wish us well?

Deep down all other fans are jealous, just like we were when it was Chelsea. Its up to us not to be so arrogant and keep our dignity. We havent won anything yet and until we do we should keep stum

EalingBlue2 said:
A lot of Rags I know actually want us to do well (just not quite as well as them) as they put it if they beat us in to second in a close fight and beat us in the Champions league final that would actually be really sweet!

I am inclined to agree for me beating united to the title on goal difference with a 90th minute winner would be so much sweeter than winning it with them coming 10th. The same way as a 2-2 draw at Wembley with Dickov equalising in the 50th minute would just not have been the same.

The reason being if something is in the bag and easy there is no risk, no adrenaline if it is close and you just get there it is magic!

So for me I want to see us overtake United but I would happily see United second and Manchester (yes I know it is Trafford to a pedant) becoming the new Milan and having the two best sides in Europe - only we would be the better. This would in all honesty be best for the City and best for profile.

Now that doesn't mean a United meltdown wouldn't be great but if it happened they would become unimportant (as we had become to then) the rivalry would not mean as much etc and I want to carry on detesting them and that can only happen if they are a worthy opponent.

I am sure Spurs would be quite happy if we knocked Arsenal out of the top 4!

Very good point, those of us old enough to remember, sadly I'm one of them, will tell you thats exactly the way it was in the late 60's. Manchester was the centre of world Football. The games were immense, hopefully the same is about to happen again.
Having said that if City went on to triumph year in year out and the rags were to implode as well, I would die a happy man

I work in Newcastle a couple of days a week and some of them are quite happy about seeing the top 4 being challenged. Some still believe "City are ruining football".

I guess a lot depends on the person, most genuine fans want to see the cosy Sky 4 cartel broken up whilst some are just jealous twats who are joining on the media bandwagon of "ruining football".

Don't give a toss what they think, especially the hypocrites amongst them whose own clubs have bought success (or tried to) for donkeys years.

The question I would ask these other fans is : Your goal is to win the premier league and the the champions league, how do you get your team to do that?

Obviously the top 4 are capable are doing this as is, but Spurs, Villa, Everton etc are not, so will need to but a plan in place to do so.

We have a plan; get investment, buy quality players, buy from your rivals, being bullish in the transfer market, selling the dream. We now have the capability to start living the dream.

Gone are the days where you can win things on a regular basis by just having a good team, look at Everton or Villa, they will not break the top 4 on a regular basis, but are regarded as having good teams.

You need to get onto a level playing field with the top 4 and you can only do that with money. The reason why the top 4 stay where they are is all about money. They regularly qualify for the champions league, which generates more money for them, which gives them a bigger profile, which generates money for them, which allows them to buy top players, which generates money for them.

Some of these fans need to take a huge reality check as the only way they to break the top four is with money. However, I understand how they feel as we all felt like this before Thaskin and the Arabs came in.

if the tables were turned and someone else where in our position i would probably be rooting for them (minus top 4 and Spurs). I was behind Villa last year when it looked like they could crack open the top 4.

I would love to see some of the "top 4" not qaulify for the champions league and lets then see how many players start talking about wanting to leave them

my gf familys all west ham, and they're so bitter about the tevez deal, they rekon with money they would of had him over us

u have no idea how frustrating it is to live with them

last nite i said to the brother well he wouldnt of left coz his familys happy up here and he went on about how loyal he is to west ham and that eh woudl of gone to them

My consensus
If we under perform we will keep some respect.

If we produce the goods they will hate us.

Eventually (I'm talking years) they will forget about all the money and we'll just become a new name in the top 4.

I think any football fan who has a bit of brains about themselves is wishing us well, but there are the ignorant few who are jealous and hating on us, but fuck 'em, we only need to concentrate on ourselves. We do however need to be careful we don't turn into arrogant and ignorant fans ourselves, remember where we came from, keep our dignity, and where we're going will hold everything we deserve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.