Do we need a LB?

grunge said:
Out of curiosity, what about Jose Angel Tasende from the Academy, He wont be ready just yet but could he be next season?

I just have a hunch that our transfer policy is partially driven by who is coming through.

Tasende is Angelino.

citytill1die84 said:
Who's gettable? Who's better than what we have?

Yuto Nagatomo ---- Inter Milan ---- 28
Leighton Baines ---- Everton ---- 30 in Dec
Fabio Coentrao ---- Real Madrid ---- 26
Ricardo Rodriquez ---- Wolfsberg ---- 22
Marcel Schmelzer ---- Dortmund ---- 26

Struggle to name many LBs that'd improve us obviously Lahm, Alba, Alaba and Marcelo are a definite no no . I'd give Coentroa a go a nice 6 month loan in Jan with option to buy if successful. Still only 26 and bags of experience in Champions League he'd be perfect imo. Nagatomo wouldn't be a bad shout seen him a few times and he's an absolute grafter. Leighton Baines puts me off he's great at set pieces but imo a poor defender and nearly 30. Schmelzer I've only seen a few times but again he looks very solid. Then we have the young kid Rodriguez is he ready to jump straight into our starting 11? Imo not just yet.

Nagatomo and Baines are older than what we should be looking for.
I wouldn't say Alba is necessarily a 'no-go', Barca have plenty coming through La Masia and there where a few rumors that we where in for him. Coentrao would be great on loan however he can't be registered for the CL until the knockouts and even then we would have to make room for him be dropping another foreign player (as Clichy is H/G). Kolarov? Sagna? Caballero? Navas? They won't be happy. Schmelzer isn't much better than what we have IMO. Rodriguez is a fantastic player, but slightly suspect defensively and expensive. Also, buying a big name young player may send the wrong message to Angelino, who I have great hopes for (along with Maffeo), however he could always take Kolarov's squad position in a couple of years. Rodriguez may well be worth the risk.

For me, the candidates are:

Jordi Alba (25)
Ricardo Rodriguez (22)
Lavyin Kurzawa (22)
Keiran Gibbs (25)
Alex Sandro (23)
Bastian Oczipka (25) - Wildcard

grunge said:
Out of curiosity, what about Jose Angel Tasende from the Academy, He wont be ready just yet but could he be next season?

I just have a hunch that our transfer policy is partially driven by who is coming through.

I'd be more concerned if our transfer policy wasn't driven by who is coming through. Why build an academy and training complex to just carry on spending?!

after seeing kolarov performance last night and even this season he wasn't that good i don't think we will need just one i think we will need TWO left-backs from the summer

Obviously we can improve both LB and RB but, it's the way we play that makes them exposed too often. Do agree with the need to add an extra body into midfield at certain times because our gameplay has become rather obvious and telegraphic but, doubt this will happen though.

We should only look for left backs that perform well in systems where they get zero protection. No reason to get a good performing LB from a team that actually maybe has a left winger who is regularly tracking back herlping out his LB.

Here he wouldnt have that help under Pelle ad would turn into a shit LB soon.

GoMancini7 said:
We should only look for left backs that perform well in systems where they get zero protection. No reason to get a good performing LB from a team that actually maybe has a left winger who is regularly tracking back herlping out his LB.

Here he wouldnt have that help under Pelle ad would turn into a shit LB soon.
Coentrao it is then. Years of playing behind the king of not tracking back for club and country under his belt, with Di Maria before that. I don't think he's ever played with a winger in front of him who has even attempted to help, I don't know if he'd even know what to do if his winger did try and help tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.