Do we need to stop being so negative?

I know many City fans and there’s been virtually no negativity about the football for years. Too many people on this forum have their reality skewed by the prism of what they see on here. A stupid post from some thick clown get magnified a hundred times because of the indignation it causes.

There was a time when City fans did wallow in negativity a bit but it was 25 years ago. Everyone I know is absolutely loving every season. To prove this, when was the last time a City team got booed off? Last time I remember was 2010 after a 0-0 draw to, I think, Birmingham.
LOL I remember playing Leeds 1st game of the season under Peter Reid, the boo's started after 10 minutes and by half time the shout of "what the @uck is going on" had reached a crescendo.

I know many City fans and there’s been virtually no negativity about the football for years. Too many people on this forum have their reality skewed by the prism of what they see on here. A stupid post from some thick clown get magnified a hundred times because of the indignation it causes.

There was a time when City fans did wallow in negativity a bit but it was 25 years ago. Everyone I know is absolutely loving every season. To prove this, when was the last time a City team got booed off? Last time I remember was 2010 after a 0-0 draw to, I think, Birmingham.
I get what you’re saying mate, but unlike you I’m a bit of a nomad for home games, moving round the ground, and so I arguably have a wider experience of our home supporters up close and personal - and I’ve seen plenty of City fans who don’t seem to enjoy the experience very much and seem more frightened of losing than they appear to enjoy winning. They are only a small minority mind - and I think some people are just wired that way irrespective of the circumstances they find themselves in.

Not sure you’re right about that Birmingham game, as I’m pretty sure it was the ref that the crowd was booing. I wasn’t there but remember Jeff Stelling commenting on it, saying something to the effect that we should remember when we came from, totally misconceiving the reason for the booing. Some of those early games under Mancini were pretty turgid, mind!

Used to be that we were reactionary after a bad season.
Then we were calling for change after a bad run of several games without victory.
Now we're calling for heads after a bad spell of 20 minutes in a game.

Don't forget where we came from Blues. It's fine to be frustrated with performances, but damn do some go way, way, WAY over the top in their criticisms at times.

I looked out the window to see why it’s so gloomy outside and found out it’s the fucking clouds blocking the sun .
And don’t even get me started about var.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.