Do we play good football?

I enjoy it mostly. I would like some variation though. We appear to have no plan b. Once a team sits in then it becomes very tedious watching them try and break a defence down. I understand that this is a little like chess and can be fascinating but, as @franksinatra said, having a Dzeko up front would change the focus.

We haven't got a Dzeko type though, so we can't really try that as a plan B.

We haven't got a Dzeko type though, so we can't really try that as a plan B.

Thinking about it, most other teams don't have a plan B. Maybe Arsenal with Giroud up front offers something different. I know I have to get used to a different style of football but I'd love to see us with some other options rather than pass, pass, pass, back, pass, pass, pass, overlap, pull back...

Always nice to see someone with a different view allowed to post without a posse of mods ganging up and belittling the poster...

Let me clarify the situation.

Pep came into this club as some sort of saviour, the best manager in the world. Every City fan, including me, were very happy that he came. He has elevated our club to another level, a level that the owners demanded.

Since they came into being our club has gone from strength to strength, with our player base getting better and our managers the same. I think that when Pep gets the players he wants then we will dominate the league for a few years at the very least. But...

This season's football has slipped against his high standards. This is due to a number of things, injuries, ageing back line, poor goalie choices etc etc. Winning 5-0 is great. A clean sheet, Vinnie gets a good goal, Silva and KDB play well and we have brilliant movement across the pitch, albeit against a very poor Palace side, but if you think that the first half was an exciting game of football then I must have watched a different game. At times it was pedestrian, to me to you football. It's great for stats but not good to watch. The crowd gets bored, the game then goes a little flat, the singing stops and 1-0 up after 6 minutes suddenly seems a long time ago.

I preferred Mancini's way of playing football. That's it. The nub. At times it was dull as well but I don't remember as many dull moments. The team also had characters in it. This one doesn't. As with all Pep's teams, professional. Do the job. Pass, pass and pass again...

I have put my finger on it. We are treading water. Waiting for the season to end before some old stalwarts are quietly moved on and the young blood comes in.

I still find it, at times, dull. There I said it.

Sorry if my opinion differs from everyone else's.

You do seem to have watched a different game to the one I saw. The first half was definitely an exciting game of football, rather more so than the second half when Palace pretty much gave up. I texted my son at half time to say what an open game it was, and the score could easily be 4-3. Palace looked like scoring every time they broke as we were committing so many upfield, and some of the moves we were producing were just breathtaking without quite managing the finishing touch. The crowd didn't seem at all bored, more singing than we've had for ages (derby aside).

You do seem to have watched a different game to the one I saw. The first half was definitely an exciting game of football, rather more so than the second half when Palace pretty much gave up. I texted my son at half time to say what an open game it was, and the score could easily be 4-3. Palace looked like scoring every time they broke as we were committing so many upfield, and some of the moves we were producing were just breathtaking without quite managing the finishing touch. The crowd didn't seem at all bored, more singing than we've had for ages (derby aside).

And that's the beauty of football. I said to my mate at half time, apart from a few brilliant moments that was quite dull. Everyone has a different opinion.

Wow, it's heating up in here! Yesterday wasn't dull, it was very good to watch, even the first half (!) where we played some very good stuff. Mind you, I think Palace helped us by giving our midfield space and time on the ball. You can't give Silva time on the ball, you need to play him like Arsenal did otherwise he'll link up with Yaya, KdB, Sane and Sterling and destroy you.

However, I stand by me earlier post in that I have found us tedious for a lot of the season. When a team parks the bus, we just pass, pass, pass, pass.........if you like that then crack on, I personally find it turgid to watch. That said, I think it'll be a different story next season. The manager will know what to do with a season under his belt, we'll strengthen defensively and be a lot better for it.

I enjoy it mostly. I would like some variation though. We appear to have no plan b. Once a team sits in then it becomes very tedious watching them try and break a defence down.
Yesterday Palace set up exactly that way, we scored 5 and had 12 on target, I'd say we broke it down very nicely. We also prevented their 2 quick and quite skilful wingers from doing much.

An all round great performance, one of our best of the season, and I've been critical of many.

You commented specifically on the 5-0 win yesterday claiming it was dull and one dimensional.

The posters you have quoted in a lame attempt at justifying your wumming and trolling have commented on the season and i dont agree with them either but im not discussing their opinions here, just yours.

Mods are posters as well and believe it or not, entitled to an opinion the exact same way you are. My opinion is you not only talk out of your arse at any and every opportunity you mainly do it for effect and to cause maximum mischief, hence the reason we think you're a wum and troll and going off the last few pages, others do as well.

So, back to your opinion on yesterdays win..........absolute fucking rubbish....your opinion that is!

From the CoC...

• Avoid getting into personal arguments and derailing threads. Please keep it to private messages or, if necessary, use the ignore function.
  • Don't abuse or personally insult other members. Treat fellow users with respect.

I posted what I thought. No wumming, no trolling, just an honest opinion. An opinion that I have held for most of this season. What I didn't expect was moderators of this forum to wade in heavy handed with personal abuse. If I did the same to you I would get a ban. It would appear though that you can abuse posters who disagree with your views but still keep it within the CoC willy nilly.

You have dragged this into a personal argument, all one sided as well as I've never said anything in this thread that could be construed as derogatory, and you are failing to treat me with respect. I agree that you are allowed your own opinion but when that opinion turns to abuse then you are failing as a mod.

Wow, it's heating up in here! Yesterday wasn't dull, it was very good to watch, even the first half (!) where we played some very good stuff. Mind you, I think Palace helped us by giving our midfield space and time on the ball. You can't give Silva time on the ball, you need to play him like Arsenal did otherwise he'll link up with Yaya, KdB, Sane and Sterling and destroy you.

However, I stand by me earlier post in that I have found us tedious for a lot of the season. When a team parks the bus, we just pass, pass, pass, pass.........if you like that then crack on, I personally find it turgid to watch. That said, I think it'll be a different story next season. The manager will know what to do with a season under his belt, we'll strengthen defensively and be a lot better for it.
Thats not entirely our fault though, more teams know if they open up we'll beat them, catching us on the break is their best chance, yesterday we got an early goal that changed that. Its always difficult against a well drilled parked bus. But it is something we need to get better at. Maybe new full backs will help turn teams round quicker and get in behind to stop them doubling up on our wingers.

Thats not entirely our fault though, more teams know if they open up we'll beat them, catching us on the break is their best chance, yesterday we got an early goal that changed that. Its always difficult against a well drilled parked bus. But it is something we need to get better at. Maybe new full backs will help turn teams round quicker and get in behind to stop them doubling up on our wingers.

It changed a lot on the right when Zabs came on. He provided width, proper overlaps and had a great little cameo.

From the CoC...

• Avoid getting into personal arguments and derailing threads. Please keep it to private messages or, if necessary, use the ignore function.
  • Don't abuse or personally insult other members. Treat fellow users with respect.

I posted what I thought. No wumming, no trolling, just an honest opinion. An opinion that I have held for most of this season. What I didn't expect was moderators of this forum to wade in heavy handed with personal abuse. If I did the same to you I would get a ban. It would appear though that you can abuse posters who disagree with your views but still keep it within the CoC willy nilly.

You have dragged this into a personal argument, all one sided as well as I've never said anything in this thread that could be construed as derogatory, and you are failing to treat me with respect. I agree that you are allowed your own opinion but when that opinion turns to abuse then you are failing as a mod.
No Mod has abused you,just a few home truths have been pointed out to you.It was very apparent what your little game/agenda was,on the back of a ban,and now you've been correctly called out for it,youre attempting to insult our intelligence by playing the innocent victim card.
An honest opinion......Do me a favour......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.