Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

We've always been regarded as big club, it's just that we underachieved for many years. Absolute cock ends like that monkfish faced twat Goldbridge tell people we have no history with no fans, etc.

Yet our record attendance is 84,569 for a match against Stoke City on the 3rd of March 1934 at Maine Road. A home stadium record that has stood for over 90 years.

Small club? Go fuck yourselves.

There’s no escaping facts like that attendance record. City have been a big club for a long time but we haven’t always been successful but at the moment we are hugely successful and that I do care about.

Spouting off about being a big club is for Rags and Dippers.

Not read the thread but we are currently the “biggest” club in the country imo.

Won the leading competition 6 times out of the previous 7 (has this ever been achieved?).

Won it 4x in a row (never, ever been achieved).

11 seasons on the bounce in the CL, including winning it.

Very regularly at Wembley for cup finals.

The best manager on the planet works for us.

Pretty much everybody’s “biggest game of the season”.

Usually land our transfer targets and very rarely have anyone of note leave, unless on our terms.

Record revenues. Huge commercial growth and a global sporting entity.

I’ll wait.

The irony of this thread is that if you asked 100 football fans if City were a big club in 2000, 100/100 would say yes, it wouldn’t even be a debate.

Snnnnnnniiiiiiiiiffffffffff

All due respect, fuck off, I'm no rag.

liam+gallagher+v+sign.jpg

So, according to the red shirt fans, the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Villa, Everton aren’t big clubs either, as City have won more trophies than those clubs have. Charity Shields and Community Shields aside, City are only 3 major trophies behind Arsenal. And Arsenal haven’t done the Treble or 4 In A Row.

1716933985923.png

Last edited:
So, according to the red shirt fans, the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Villa, Everton aren’t big clubs either, as City have won more trophies than those clubs have. Charity Shields and Community Shields aside, City are only 3 major trophies behind Arsenal. And Arsenal haven’t done the Treble or 4 In A Row.
but but but the invincibles yadda yadda yadda

Reactions: jrb
If Arsenal are so big, why couldn’t they fill the Emirates when Arteta first arrived and the Arsenal fans wanted him sacked? If their fan base is so big in London and across the world, the Emirates should have been full regardless of Arsenal playing poorly when Arteta took charge.

It doesn't bother me, in fact I always refer to us as a small club.
If I'm talking to a rag mate I always say, not bad for a small club, whereas you're the "Biggest club in the world" I kinda feel like I'm taking the piss without them realizing. :)

In fact why don't we just refer to them as "The biggest club in the world" and not scum, rags Stretford Rangers etc.
The tosspots will lap it up.
Also has the double benefit of winding up the victims.

It appears that the world's biggest club is dismissing a third of its workforce. Scruffy Jim might just be a worse owner than the Glazers, eh?

I couldn’t be less arsed. I started going to games with my uncle and sometimes my dad ( he worked most weekends) as a youngster about 1969/70, Loved it got season tickets and been a regular even when I lived in London, ever since. Big club we’re fucking massive (sniff ;-) ) always have been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.