Do you celebrate a goal immediately or wait incase VAR rules it out?

What a difference VAR has done to the way we celebrate goals. After Sterling and Jesus's chalked off goals against Spurs in the League and CL, I am afraid to celebrate goals now-a-days until we are clear of VAR!

I know its not healthy but I don't want to go through the roller coaster of emotions especially after the Sterling goal against Spurs in the CL. I now wait till VAR clears or doesn't react to the the goal then celebrate!
It's true, VAR has made the goal taste different... At least thank you for the fact that it doesn't ruin the taste of all goals!

I think that’s it. You don’t have a clue what’s going on, can’t watch countless replays and just sit there in dumb wonder knowing the longer it goes on the more likely it will get overturned. 15 seconds or so is all these video refs should get to turn it over, letting them watch it 50 times and forensically exam it is shit.
I agree with the 15 seconds or so, especially for offside.
if it’s that tight that they can’t come to a decision in 15 seconds, then the goal should stand.
When at the ground we should also be seeing what VAR are looking at on the big screens.
Though maybe they don’t want us seeing it in the ground because when they give a bad VAR decision and it’s shown on tv it’s usually one or two angry fans sat at home on their sofa, in the ground it’ll be 30k+ voicing their displeasure at the corrupt..

This could be a game changer and bring celebrations back.

Would only have to worry about handballs then (a lot rarer) and maybe the odd obvious foul that's been missed.

Also just imagine 93.20
Sergio smashes it in, we all go mental and then
“VAR checking for being Manchester City”
Just like happened against Spurs to reach the CL final.

Many happy moons have passed since but I do not think, outside of the Aguero goal, that I have celebrated a goal in the way I did with Sterling's disallowed one. Went fucking berserk and got back only to see that dreaded blue screen and the dirty three lettered V word. It was a head in hands moment.

Not been the same since that goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.