Do you celebrate a goal immediately or wait incase VAR rules it out?

VAR has killed any spontaneous emotion from me as far as goals go. Bar the occasional thriller I usually just stay fairly quiet and then just clap if its been allowed. Sad situation and its probably the same for all football fans. A far cry from the scenes after Sergio scored and even in the away section at Pompey after Simmo‘s lob. Distant happy memories.

Most of the time at the ground I’ll do a very conservative celebration and then wait about a minute to see what way they’ll find to chalk it off.
They’re exceptions to that, like Rodders goal against Everton, where you just know it’s a goal.
The sad part is I celebrate more watching on tv cos you have an idea of what’s going on in a much quicker time, whereas at the ground you haven’t got a clue.

I think that’s it. You don’t have a clue what’s going on, can’t watch countless replays and just sit there in dumb wonder knowing the longer it goes on the more likely it will get overturned. 15 seconds or so is all these video refs should get to turn it over, letting them watch it 50 times and forensically exam it is shit.

VAR has killed any spontaneous erections from me as far as goals go. I usually just stay fairly flaccid and then just clap if I do get one. Sad situation And its the same for all football fans over 50. A far cry from the scenes after Sergio scored and even in the Pompey end after my lob on. Distant happy memories.

VAR has killed any spontaneous emotion from me as far as goals go. Bar the occasional thriller I usually just stay fairly quiet and then just clap if its been allowed. Sad situation and its probably the same for all football fans. A far cry from the scenes after Sergio scored and even in the away section at Pompey after Simmo‘s lob. Distant happy memories.
If we have another Sergio moment at the end of this season how do you think the fans would react? Personally I think everyone would go mental - it’s just instinct.

What a difference VAR has done to the way we celebrate goals. After Sterling and Jesus's chalked off goals against Spurs in the League and CL, I am afraid to celebrate goals now-a-days until we are clear of VAR!

I know its not healthy but I don't want to go through the roller coaster of emotions especially after the Sterling goal against Spurs in the CL. I now wait till VAR clears or doesn't react to the the goal then celebrate!

I wait now, will jump up but one eye on the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.