Do you eat the crusts?

It usually goes in the bin, but mainly because I live alone and by the time I get to the crusts, they've gone a bit shit. I might sometimes toast them. They go alright with spaghetti hoops, or dipped into soup, but never as a sandwich.

I bake my own bread and it is the very best of the best bread. Usually the crust never gets as far as the bread bin; especially if it is still warm.

My favourite part of a warburtons white loaf is the crusts. In fact ive just literally rooted to the bottom of a new loaf to get the crust to go with the top one for lurpak and peanut butter on toasted crust

I have seen ads I think from Warburtons and Philadelphia I think urging people to eat the "end pieces" or crusts on the end of the loaf - make a fancy panini sarnie out of it sort of thing. Question do you or have you ever eaten the end crusts? Must admit I don't - its literally for the birds as far as I am concerned ( I like to feed our feathered friends a bit of bread ) - might be because I only recall the crusts being eaten by my Dad at time when we were very skint when I was a young kid and we couldn't afford to throw them away.
A pedant would correct your use of "a panini". You can't have the indefinite article applied to a plural noun. "Panini" is plural.
You can have "a paninio" or several panini. Go to Italy and ask for a panini and you'll get more than you bargained for.

Fortunately, I am not a pedant.

We used to fight over the crusts when i was young.

Yet my kids don't really like the crust around the bread slice. If i'm not in my wife cuts it off for them.

Where did i go so wrong with my kids??? :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.