Do You Fondly Remember Your First Pair Of Football Boots?

I do remember them, but not fondly. They were thick leather with a strap over the instep and knock in studs. The laces were about half an inch wide, white, that at the end of the first game were very much grey! And half the studs had dislodged. The local cobbler did a fair trade in selling replacement studs.

To be honest no I dont fondly remember my first pair of football boots. My grandad gave them to me when I was in junior school in 1968. For some reason the other kids never won a tackle against me and always seem to chicken out.
I wish now I had kept them !

View attachment 35022
These are the pair I had, but it looks as though yer've got a pair of fancy laces, and they look a bit 'red' to me! Did yer Grandad play rugby?

Lots of moulded rubber studs, while all my mates had proper screw ins.
Felt a proper pauper

These are the pair I had, but it looks as though yer've got a pair of fancy laces, and they look a bit 'red' to me! Did yer Grandad play rugby?

It's just a stock photo not my actual pair ;) but my boots were similar to those. No my grandad never played rugby, they were his old football boots from way back than.
I think I only wore them a few times because when I went to secondary school I got modern ones.

On a side note I started secondary the same time as my mum started her first teaching job at the same school as me, both new. She made sure my uniform was 100% correct even a school cap. I was the only kid with a school cap, luckily for me the older kids nicked it a threw it in a tree lol

Pair of puma kings when i was a kid always stuck with me. Loved those boots and always bought them when i was older.

It's just a stock photo not my actual pair ;) but my boots were similar to those. No my grandad never played rugby, they were his old football boots from way back than.
I think I only wore them a few times because when I went to secondary school I got modern ones.

On a side note I started secondary the same time as my mum started her first teaching job at the same school as me, both new. She made sure my uniform was 100% correct even a school cap. I was the only kid with a school cap, luckily for me the older kids nicked it a threw it in a tree lol
I had to go to school in those boots. My Mum 'n Dad thought that if I changed into them my shoes would get nicked so it was a walk to and from school with those fuckin' boots on all day.

I had a pair of Patrick Keegan Kid ones and I felt a million dollars in them. I remember making my debut for the school football team and the lad who I was marking asked "Are they Keegan Kids" and I was made up haha!

I loved them and although I didn't know much about KK at the time, I'm sure they made me play better! :)

First boots were white with moulded studs, bit like the Alan Ball ones but rip offs. Got them from the old Whelan's in Failsworth.

Second pair were an all black pair of Patrick's with moulded studs.
Got these from Monkhouse Sports in Failsworth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.