Do You Fondly Remember Your First Pair Of Football Boots?

Rascal said:
Mike D said:
2011-08-11_123612PM.jpg

Dunlop Superstars 2 as endorsed by Trevor Brooking, they were moulded soles and I loved them. I remember my debut in them gave a penalty within 10 minutes of coming on took there striker clean out he'd been banging 'em in all afternoon until took him out and ended his afternoon. Also managed not to get sent off.

Rascal I think that you might have had pair too.

They look familiar but i dont recall the dunlop sign on them.

But i was 7 and thats 40 fucking years ago :))

I was wearing mine early 80's so I think that you have a few more years on me Rasc.

Not the first pair but I remember a nice pair of Golas on my 12th birthday. Wore them in games at school on my birthday and scored a corker.

The lad's getting a pair of these beauties in the morning for his birthday complete with his nickname and shirt number 5 (he plays right back and loves Zabba) stitched into them.

2198mqg.jpg

Copied over from the Bluemoon forum:-

My father owned a couple of successful sports shops around Manchester in the early sixties onwards and I grew up surrounded by hundreds of the things.

The early ones were Tommy Docherty Bulldogs with solid brown toecaps and knock in studs.

Also Pentagon Pocock "continental"..........

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/v</a> ... -244791465

The first "proper" modern football boots were Adidas Santiago....."Adidas".named after the founder Adi Dazzler...

He fell out with his brother Horstz Dazzler, who went on to start the "Puma" Brand.........

Also the first training shoes emerged the white Adidas Gym, used by all City's first team, and later black trainers Kick, Mamba, Bamba and Samba.

A popular football boot at the time was the Puma Pele Rio.....with a yellow Puma stripe.

Then in the mid seventies French firm Patrick dominated with boots such as the "Keegan" Top....and later Umbro came into prominence.

I think boots today are rubbish, cheap plastic things probably made in China for £6, sold for anything up to £120.....Just my 2p.....:)

Hi Tech Torres - no-one will have heard of these but they were great. So much so that i had the same in the next size up when i grew out of my first pair.

They had a nice thick padded tongue

Mike D said:
Rascal said:
Mike D said:
2011-08-11_123612PM.jpg

Dunlop Superstars 2 as endorsed by Trevor Brooking, they were moulded soles and I loved them. I remember my debut in them gave a penalty within 10 minutes of coming on took there striker clean out he'd been banging 'em in all afternoon until took him out and ended his afternoon. Also managed not to get sent off.

Rascal I think that you might have had pair too.

They look familiar but i dont recall the dunlop sign on them.

But i was 7 and thats 40 fucking years ago :))

I was wearing mine early 80's so I think that you have a few more years on me Rasc.

Mine was 72 mate :)

The first boots I had were my older brothers which had bars, then a pair with wooden studs, nailed into the soles, then some other Timpson hand me downs.
The first pair I had of my own in about 1967 were called Top Dogs, which I think my mam bought me off Longsight market. The first good pair I had were called 'Simlam Strikers' which we got on mail order, and were around for a couple of years in the early 70's, then I graduated to Adidas and Puma, which all the posh boys had! Mam and dad wouldn't spend money on boots till they realised I could play.
Happy days! My boots were shit, but I was the best player in school.
Isn't memory a funny thing sometimes (especially when you've had a few!).
Nite nite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.