Do you give a toss about England?

Yes, I support them, but not with much enthusiasm or expectation.

I can't help but think that United somehow have an influence in selections. Last night for instance, Rooney being dropped but coming on at the end. Not to try and win the game, but to get him one more cap, closer to whoever holds the record at the moment.

Lingard just isn't one of the best English midfielders, so he's surely selected because Southgate trusted him at U21 level. Rashford is miles better than him, but I can think of many better players. Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain to name two. So I just can't take them seriously whilst this bias goes on.

As for Southgate, he's just a Yes man who seriously damaged junior football in my view.

Yes, I support them, but not with much enthusiasm or expectation.

I can't help but think that United somehow have an influence in selections. Last night for instance, Rooney being dropped but coming on at the end. Not to try and win the game, but to get him one more cap, closer to whoever holds the record at the moment.

Lingard just isn't one of the best English midfielders, so he's surely selected because Southgate trusted him at U21 level. Rashford is miles better than him, but I can think of many better players. Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain to name two. So I just can't take them seriously whilst this bias goes on.

As for Southgate, he's just a Yes man who seriously damaged junior football in my view.
You are so correct. Yes there is so much wrong with the England set up always has been always will.

Southgate will just kiss peoples arses to keep his job the F.A., Rags , Dippers , Gill , Dyke , Shrek , Ticket tout and the Rag/Dipper media who demand at least 50% of the team to be selected from these clubs. The England football team and the F.A. are a joke we are no longer a power in international football and whilst useless talentless footballers like Henderson and Shrek captain the side we will never achieve anything we used to have world class players like Gascoigne , Shearer and Lineker now we have a hyped up snipe nosed tw*t like Linguard who has played barely 10 games for his club pulling on an England shirt we are becoming a laughing stock

First and foremost I am British, not English.

The nationality on my passport says "British"; my passport is a passport from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that's just two countries, not the United Kingdom of the four countries NorthernIreland Scotland Wales and England; the island I live on is Great Britain.

I find I am more like people from Wales and Scotland than I am people from down South.

Going back through history our region was never really part of either English/Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of Mercia or Northumbria, we were however part of the Danelaw and Norse and Danish farmers did settle in the area where the Anglo-Saxons never really did, and after DNA testing has come in in the last decade more and more people in our region are showing that they are not of Angle or Saxon descent but are actually showing a lot of British Celtic DNA which has been the case on this island for thousands of years. And the amount of people across the country who actually have Anglo-Saxon DNA is very low. We differ from Welsh Scottish and Cornish DNA minimally and from Irish DNA by about 7% only.

The only thing English about me are some lines on a map and the language I speak (but the rest of the British Isles speak that too).

So I don't particularly care about English sports teams, no. I would if it were Great Britain though.

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost I am British, not English.

The nationality on my passport says "British"; my passport is a passport from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that's just two countries, not the United Kingdom of the four countries NorthernIreland Scotland Wales and England; the island I live on is Great Britain.

I find I am more like people from Wales and Scotland than I am people from down South.

Going back through history our region was never really part of either English/Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of Mercia or Northumbria, we were however part of the Danelaw and Norse and Danish farmers did settle in the area where the Saxons never really did, and after DNA testing has come in in the last decade more and more people in our region are showing that they are not of Angle or Saxon descent but are actually showing a lot of British Celtic DNA which has been the case on this island for thousands of years. And the amount of people across the country who actually have Anglo-Saxon DNA is very low. We differ from Welsh Scottish and Cornish DNA minimally and from Irish DNA by about 7% only.

The only thing English about me are some lines on a map and the language I speak (but the rest of the British Isles speak that too).

So I don't particularly care about English sports teams, no. I would if it were Great Britain though.

Very good point you have made, certainly the recent Rio Olympics and the previous London ones were full of plaudits for how well UK had done but when I lived in Yorkshire it was all about how many gold medals that county had achieved which to be fair was considerable.

Perhaps there would be a drop in enthusiasm for a UK Athletics Team if we had our own devolution of Teams to the regions ?

I hear Southgate is going to get the job if we beat Scotland, nothing like setting the bar high

Hardly anyone else busting a gut to come for it though is there ? As long as we beat Scotland I don't care who is manager really,but looking back at posts on this thread it is laughable some of the comments.

I have always been a club before country man,but obviously in the tournaments in the summers,I want us to do well,and eventually win one,but as a City fan,never had much allegiance to the national side,as there was never many blues that played for them.

But cast your mind back a few years when we were supplying several players to the team,never mind the squad,I bet all these "don't give a fuck about England" did then

Not interested in the slightest.

I don't agree with some though, we've had a good number of genuinely quality players in the past 15 years.
The mind numbing FA have held us back.

England fans remind me of rags, only at least rag fans have a reason behind their self entitlement and arrogance.
England fans seem to have a level of entitlement and arrogance for no apparent reason.

England have never picked a squad based on ability. Or not for years anyway. Be it Anderton or Barmby in the Spurs (Hoddle,Venables) era or the new Dipper/rag infested sides.
If England had picked the best manager for the job and allowed said manager to do his job, things may be different.

If Bobby Manc gets the job, shit will hit the fan. That may be entertaining. I can't imagine Mancini allowing Rooney to strut round like a retired peacock...

Not interested in the slightest.

I don't agree with some though, we've had a good number of genuinely quality players in the past 15 years.
The mind numbing FA have held us back.

England fans remind me of rags, only at least rag fans have a reason behind their self entitlement and arrogance.
England fans seem to have a level of entitlement and arrogance for no apparent reason.

England have never picked a squad based on ability. Or not for years anyway. Be it Anderton or Barmby in the Spurs (Hoddle,Venables) era or the new Dipper/rag infested sides.
If England had picked the best manager for the job and allowed said manager to do his job, things may be different.

If Bobby Manc gets the job, shit will hit the fan. That may be entertaining. I can't imagine Mancini allowing Rooney to strut round like a retired peacock...

Which is why Bobby will never get the job!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.