Do you like trains?

Yeh well I wanted to go to Newport on the train. If I leave Friday night, go via Darlington and clean 2 of the carriages I can get there for just before the kick off. Apparently though I can't back before we leave the EU and all for £80 notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
2dl2i3l.jpg

Unfortunately the customer you describe, and the one TPE had in mind when they developed the ale trail,is a rarity these days as the other sort of shit head you describe has hijacked the route.Its awful at weekends,especially for the residents of the town's it encompasses.

You can do this trail from our neck of the woods through the Calderdale and still end up in Batley following a slightly different route.Most of the midweek chaps I have encountered are are wooley bearded olden folk dressed to impress with tweed suits corduroy kecks waistcoats and kerchiefs.They really do chat shit and talk about different brews and hop variety's and it was one of these characters that got me into East Kent Golding.I have not seen any of these aficionados kicking off and rolling in the grass yet but give it time I guess. If anything they can really shovel the brews away and are immune to the ABV's.I once held a conversation with a chap from Sowerby concerning contributory funding and assistance to one of our great waterways the Rochdale canal and he went on to recant in great detail that the canal had to climb 350 ft through 36 locks in just 14 miles between Sowerby and Summit then fall 435 feet through 56 to manchester which made it the most heavily locked canal in the country.Its around 200 year old now and a remarakble engineering feat built under the watchful eye of a guy called Jessop.I mentioned I held conversation with him but really all I did was lift my full bodied pint of Audrey Hop-burn to mouth and chunter out the odd aye mayhap and aye sithey and the rest just flowed from his mouth like a paper boat in a storm-drain.If I was honest it was painful listening but there is little chance of escape as space is limited in a micro pub.

http://realaletrail.net/

Last edited:
It's still huge. HS2 nicking most of it soon.

Still a place to go to for most of us on a regular basis.

I'll be at Casey Lane, Crewe tomorrow for a few hours anticipating what looks like an interesting and rare working from Middlesbrough of all places amongst others to Bescot and one from Toton.

Still a place to go to for most of us on a regular basis.

I'll be at Casey Lane, Crewe tomorrow for a few hours anticipating what looks like an interesting and rare working from Middlesbrough of all places amongst others to Bescot and one from Toton.

Rare ? Go on enlighten me mate,a 56 or a 60 maybe ?

Rare ? Go on enlighten me mate,a 56 or a 60 maybe ?

GBRF loco with hopefully some wagons that don't normally pass through, it's showing pulling 600 tons, going to Wellingborough with a return working later in the day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.