Do you mind us being called "Manchester"?

Not too arsed either way really: Manchester or City are quite acceptable. I'd probably edge towards City because it puts us above any other club called City and also it implies that Manchester the place is the "city"! I quite like the idea we have a few "branch offices" in minor places like New York that have to be given their full title to differentiate them from the main club and the main city.

On holiday in Florida about 10 years ago sat in a resturaunt.
Guy sat there in a Utd shirt and had bet with my beloved about where he was was from. Looking at him my first guess was New Mills!
Wandered over and politely asked him if he was a supporter of Man U to which he replied yes, I then said do you live near Manchester, his reply was yes Carlisle.
Says it all really

I often refer to us in this way myself. If someone asks me who I support, it's 'Manchester' because that's where I come from, so I support the Manchester football team. There's nothing to be confused about, since we're Manchester's only team. They're hardly going to think I mean Bolton or Wigan, are they?

For me I like "City" , Because when people talk about "City" they're talking about the team from Manchester

Couldn't care less what others refer to us as tbh, Imuch like i always thought it was a bit sad United fans took pride in being referred to as manchester and equally as sad that some City fans would get wound up by it.

If somebody asks who i support my answer If they're from this country would be City. If they're foreign it would be City, Manchester City. In the style of Bond.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.