Do you mind us being called "Manchester"?

So I had the pleasure of watching the CL semi final in the wonderful city of Barcelona last night on me hols and, fair to say, whilst most of the spaniards in the bar weren't actively supporting City they were adamantly against Real Madrid getting anything at all.

So, the TV pundits over there, the game commentators and the people in the bar referred to us, nearly without exception, as "Manchester". A couple of times they called us City or Manchester City.

This riled me at first cos of the way Utd were always called "Manchester" but then i realised they have no right to take our city's name considering we're the only club from manchester. and it was always those penises on ITV who should know better.

got me to thinking, do euro types always refer to the opposition as the city where they come from, despite other clubs? i hate it personally, being called simply

I wonder how riled the Catalonians were at being called Spanish?

I think it is totally disprespectful, we shuld only be referred to by the media as, "the only football team to come from MANCHESTER" or "that team from the Emptyhad, I have proof of at least 2 empty seats"

The last few years comeback made people to stop calling rags as Manchester and that was norm here. Now it's usually City and United. Though I called them in derogative way as Jedinstvo near Manchester (Jedinstvo is unity on Bosnian and communist name for some shitty football clubs in ex yugoslavia).

I think we'll have to get used to being "Manchester" in Europe from next season on, because when they refer to "City", they'll be taking about that all-conquering team from Leicester.

And nothing wrong with "Man City" imo - been using that my whole life (or at least since I started supporting them in May 2012).

I think it is totally disprespectful, we shuld only be referred to by the media as, "the only football team to come from MANCHESTER" or "that team from the Emptyhad, I have proof of at least 2 empty seats"

We've not sung that for ages, could be a good time to get it going again.

It pissed me off the first time I heard Johnny Foreigner call MANUre Manchester. As for Man City and Man U they fitted in the little slots on a pools coupon. I always associate MAN YOO with all cockney know-nowts who think they have a handle on all things football. City is City, and Hull, Leicester, Birmingham, Bristol et al can all fuck off! We are City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.