Do you miss Mancini's slow build up style ?

I think OP might be watching a different 'City' or maybe meant something else with the slow and fast terms.

We're slow now if anything. Navas is the only player with any pace up and down the pitch as Yaya no longer makes his long runs anymore. Our gameplay is now more like 80 passes to get it down the pitch than the 20 we had before. We need to sign some speedy players this summer for sure.

City_Sean said:
Our build up play under Mancini was horrific. Slow, laboured football with little movement.

I don't miss it one bit.

Atleast you see the difference between the now and then.

Some of the posters think the football hasn't changed.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
I think OP might be watching a different 'City' or maybe meant something else with the slow and fast terms.

We're slow now if anything. Navas is the only player with any pace up and down the pitch as Yaya no longer makes his long runs anymore. Our gameplay is now more like 80 passes to get it down the pitch than the 20 we had before. We need to sign some speedy players this summer for sure.

We are talking about the pace of an attack here. i.e. How fast an attack is put together.

You can build the play in a slow way , this what Barcelona used to do under Pep and what Spain do under Del bosque. This style is known as tiki taka.

You can also build the play in a fast way, it what we do now under Pellegrini or atleast we are trying to.

And then there's the in between (not slow and not fast).

mastermind said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

We are talking about the pace of an attack here. i.e. How fast an attack is put together.

You can build the play in a slow way , this what Barcelona used to do under Pep and what Spain do under Del bosque. This style is known as tiki taka.

You can build the play in a fast way, it what we do now under Pellegrini.

Are you taking the piss?

pudge said:
mastermind said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

Are you taking the piss?

Are you ignorant ?

mastermind said:
pudge said:
mastermind said:

Are you taking the piss?

Are you ignorant ?
[bigimg]http://www.homekleenuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/lady-ironing.gif[/bigimg]

City_Sean said:
Our build up play under Mancini was horrific. Slow, laboured football with little movement.

I don't miss it one bit.

The first half of the title winning season wasn't. That's the best I've ever seen us play. Great going forward and defensively sound too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.