Do you really believe the league is over...?

We are 4 wins away from mathematically deciding it but we can effectively decide it on GD by winning the next 3 if United do not win this weekend.

If United win then just swap them for Liverpool because we can win on GD by winning the derby.
But with 6 games still to play and an 18 point gap you can't be 100% certain you're going to win it on GD because the whole point is that we'd have lost 6 games and the other team will have won 6 games for it to come down to that. Of course it'd be 99.99% certain we'd still win it but not 100%.

We will know more after the early kick off on Saturday in terms of when.

IMO a draw is the best outcome for us in terms of the number of games required.

Obviously a Liverpool win will add to tension for second but if its a draw then obviously seven points from the next three games will officially seal it for us.

Personally I couldn't give a stuff if Manure finish second , third , fourth or 5th although its clearly looking like the will qualify for Chumps League next season as I can't see Chelsea getting 9 points on them in 9 games.

That being the case winning the title in record time would add to the legacy of this year so I am really hoping for a draw on Saturday as its a great outcome for us if you really think about and its us that matters not Manure or Liverpool and where they finish.

Its game by game but clearly the club is talking about let do everything in our power to secure 7 points in the next three games and if that's a win against Manure so be it but a draw to get to 85 is fine also and in many ways rubs it into their noses even more so as it means the title is locked up to focus purely on the Chumps League.

We will know more after the early kick off on Saturday in terms of when.

IMO a draw is the best outcome for us in terms of the number of games required.

Obviously a Liverpool win will add to tension for second but if its a draw then obviously seven points from the next three games will officially seal it for us.

Personally I couldn't give a stuff if Manure finish second , third , fourth or 5th although its clearly looking like the will qualify for Chumps League next season as I can't see Chelsea getting 9 points on them in 9 games.

That being the case winning the title in record time would add to the legacy of this year so I am really hoping for a draw on Saturday as its a great outcome for us if you really think about and its us that matters not Manure or Liverpool and where they finish.

Its game by game but clearly the club is talking about let do everything in our power to secure 7 points in the next three games and if that's a win against Manure so be it but a draw to get to 85 is fine also and in many ways rubs it into their noses even more so as it means the title is locked up to focus purely on the Chumps League.

Can’t see Chelsea doing it either but I’m hoping they could sort their shit out and win the next 3, good chance United playing Liverpool and us could lose 2 of next 3 then it’s game on with 6 to play
Also if Chelsea managed to see that chance they might kick on
Ifs and buts but I’m a dreamer :)

Nope - Before the derby Liverpool can get 9 points yes and us 6 but by the derby they will have 6 games left which is 18 points maximum.

If we win the next 3 with the derby being the 3rd then the gap will be 18 points and Liverpool cannot get more than 18 points which means GD (assuming they beat United).

We are 4 wins away from mathematically deciding it but we can effectively decide it on GD by winning the next 3 if United do not win this weekend.

If United win then just swap them for Liverpool because we can win on GD by winning the derby.

That is not true. If United win this weekend and we win the next three we win the title outright with the third game because it is v United and so we get 3 points and they get zero from that match meaning their possible total falls from 89 to 86 and by winning ours reaches 87.

If United beat Liverpool this weekend Liverpool cannot then get 87 either.

So we win 100% outright in the derby no goal difference involved if United beat Liverpool and we win the next three games.

So United winning really is the best result for us this weekend because we have to play United again in the league but not Liverpool.

In effect United beating Liverpool eliminates them from the title race and we beating United eliminates them. Which has to be the best scenario.....

I think!

Last edited:
When we have actually mathematically won it I'm coming back to see if anyone on here is still unsure.

I envy you guys as I have had no doubt for weeks so the excitement has gone a little.

However, working out if it will be won v United is still fun and then there are all those records....

That is not true. If United win this weekend and we win the next three we win the title outright with the third game because it is v United and so we get 3 points and they get zero from that match meaning their possible total falls from 89 to 86 and by winning ours reaches 87.

If United beat Liverpool this weekend Liverpool cannot then get 87 either.

So we win 100% outright in the derby no goal difference involved if United beat Liverpool and we win the next three games.

So United winning really is the best result for us this weekend because we have to play United again in the league but not Liverpool.

In effect United beating Liverpool eliminates them from the title race and we beating United eliminates them. Which has to be the best scenario.....

I think!
A draw at the weekend between scum and scummier has the same result.

But with 6 games still to play and an 18 point gap you can't be 100% certain you're going to win it on GD because the whole point is that we'd have lost 6 games and the other team will have won 6 games for it to come down to that. Of course it'd be 99.99% certain we'd still win it but not 100%.

PB - It's over. You know how much of a half empty glass guy I am but there is no way even City can mess this one up. We need to draw 8 games and lose 1 game (to Utd) for them to win it! You have to go back to Alan Ball for a run to deliver that amount of ineptness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.