Do You Think I'm Sad?

I'm not religious at all but got my kids christened catholic so I could send them to the best school in our area. I wouldn't personally give a hoot what colour the uniform or what religion the school is, send them to the best one.

Skashion said:
Pigeonho said:
Right so what we have here is one poster, the OP, talking about not sending his kids to a potentially good school because of the colour of the jumper, then you have me questioning the validity of that post and you're saying don't listen to me?! I heard of a guy who claimed to have walked into a vodafone shop minutes after buying his phone and smashing it up because he found out they had sponsored United. It was a myth, a lie, a nothing and all in the name of him trying to be a big blue. Thats a funny story, but denying your kids a potentially good school because of the colour of the jumper is about as funny as cancer.
He said they're both good schools so he's denying his kids nothing.

Anyway, you're only mad at the biggest blues shit because you're dead last on that scale. The guy who said he hoped Hughes would go to Chelsea and win the title to show us all...
Haha, yeah i'm really mad!! See what I find on this forum is that if you're a blue you can do no wrong. To me a person could be blue, red or yellow for all I care, but if they say something I think is bollocks i'll say so, and I wouldn't expect anything less in return, as you've just proven by regurgitating what was a silly comment to say when I said that. The impression I get though at times on here is that the devil himself was a blue, he'd be alright in some folks' eyes.

Pigeonho said:
Skashion said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
What a strange post..it's not about being the biggest blue..I don't give a shit about what people think of me never have..I'm a self confessed rag hater..never bought any products related to them..blah blah..won't even have red disposable lighters

Hence the title of my thread..maybe I really am sad
Seriously, don't listen to this guy. Any chance he gets to have a dig at fellow blues, he does.
Right so what we have here is one poster, the OP, talking about not sending his kids to a potentially good school because of the colour of the jumper, then you have me questioning the validity of that post and you're saying don't listen to me?! I heard of a guy who claimed to have walked into a vodafone shop minutes after buying his phone and smashing it up because he found out they had sponsored United. It was a myth, a lie, a nothing and all in the name of him trying to be a big blue. Thats a funny story, but denying your kids a potentially good school because of the colour of the jumper is about as funny as cancer.

Possibly the fourth time mentioning it..but you obviously didn't have a good education..

Both schools are equally as good

I'm the Learning Mentor in a RC school. My headteacher is a devout Catholic as is another member of the senior management team. The 3 of us are all season cards holders at City. Most of the other staff profess to be reds although most of them wouldn't know they were outside the swamp if I dropped them off there. The school is in Salford and like all Salford schools it's full of would be rags.

We do have a few Blue families and we all know each other. You'll probably meet some other genuine Blues at whichever school you choose.

I do fully sympathise though with the aversion to red. I avoid the colour at all costs when at home and avoid it as much as possible when at school. Fortunately our school colours are not red and I have always promised myself I would never work in a school that had a red uniform, it would knock me sick.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Possibly the fourth time mentioning it..but you obviously didn't have a good education..

Both schools are equally as good

You need to start looking a little further ahead then at things like what college will they be able to go to. Again for my kids the best college in out area is catholic so you need to be looking at the bigger picture and not what colour uniforms they will wear.

Alex the Blue said:
I'm the Learning Mentor in a RC school. My headteacher is a devout Catholic as is another member of the senior management team. The 3 of us are all season cards holders at City. Most of the other staff profess to be reds although most of them wouldn't know they were outside the swamp if I dropped them off there. The school is in Salford and like all Salford schools it's full of would be rags.

We do have a few Blue families and we all know each other. You'll probably meet some other genuine Blues at whichever school you choose.

I do fully sympathise though with the aversion to red. I avoid the colour at all costs when at home and avoid it as much as possible when at school. Fortunately our school colours are not red and I have always promised myself I would never work in a school that had a red uniform, it would knock me sick.

good post

billfromthehill said:
and sorry to say u do sound a little sad mate
Amazing comments against this post! My veiw is that it is a personal choice & not to be encouraged by other peoples opinions! What was it that the late Bill Shankly once quoted? Albeit that has nothing to do with COLOUR I suppose lol

RED is a no go as far as it goes in my BLUE house, however there is a small matter of a CITY BADGE & COAT that are 2 essentials.This admittedly is because I am SAD but will always be anti RED (Red/Black I can just about live with :) Nice 1 BLUE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.