Do You Think I'm Sad?

Does the Catholic school have yellow or gold in its colours?

article-0-086AEE1F000005DC-550_468x286.jpg

I'd move house to a different catchment area

Being a football supporter is completely irrational. You place your emotions, at high financial cost, in the hands of one club for life. You then love the players and support them unwaveringly, even though they are the source of that high financial cost. It's utterly fucking mental. Then you ask this guy to explain his logic whilst doing something connected to his football fandom? You're all daft. We're all lunatics, it's just that some people want to pretend they're still sane.

lyonfish said:
I wouldn't have been happy if my two sproggs had to wear a bright red uniform, as it is they wear a maroon one (definately not dark red), so I can sympathise with the OP. Probably I would try to find a more convincing excuse for avoiding a school than "I don't like the colour of the uniform". Incidentally you don't have to be a catholic to go to a catholic school as most of them reserve about 30% of places for none catholics, these places most likely will be allocated according to how close to the school a child lives. Speaking as a catholic myself I wouldn't recommend getting baptised if you really are an unrepentant heathen aethiest, at best you'll be a hypocrite at worst you'll look like a bit of a tit ;o)

He should fit in well with the Catholic Church then

Unknown_Genius said:
United have Catholic roots. As most Catholics are of Irish stock, they're also rags, and we all know all Irish people are rags. I'm afraid you're caught between the devil and deep blue sea here.

I didn't know U*d had Catholic roots. I do know that one of the most important figures in City's history was a catholic, Tom Maley, look him up.

All Irish people aren't rags. The last couple of generations are mainly rags but before that they were mainly Liverpool fans, go figure. Guess who the next generation will support.

Besides, there is already a strong Blue community in Ireland and there always has been.

Rolee said:
Unknown_Genius said:
United have Catholic roots. As most Catholics are of Irish stock, they're also rags, and we all know all Irish people are rags. I'm afraid you're caught between the devil and deep blue sea here.

I didn't know U*d had Catholic roots. I do know that one of the most important figures in City's history was a catholic, Tom Maley, look him up.

All Irish people aren't rags. The last couple of generations are mainly rags but before that they were mainly Liverpool fans, go figure. Guess who the next generation will support.

Besides, there is already a strong Blue community in Ireland and there always has been.

could't agree more - the Dublin branch of the City supporters club has always been spot on - maybe not massive in numbers, but absolutely top notch in terms of sociability

Dubai Blue said:
Skashion said:
Dubai Blue said:
You can't be much of an atheist if you're willing to turn your back on your beliefs just because of the colour of a jumper!!

For what it's worth, I had to wear a red jumper for the first three years of my schooling and I turned out alright; I now live thousands of miles away from the ground and generally only watch us on TV these days. See, perfectly normal ;-)
Atheism is not a belief. Moreover, it certainly is not a belief system.

You know what I mean. Why would you want to get baptised and have to attend church if it's something you really don't believe in, simply because you don't want your kid to wear a red jumper at school? Sounds completely mental to me.

You don't have to attend Church after being baptised. My Sister had my Nephew baptised yet she doesn't overtly practice Christianity (more a cultured Christian at best) and my Nephew doesn't go to Sunday School etc. She just seemed to get him baptised for the sake of it. The done thing.

I have friends who were baptised and confirmed yet have no shred of faith whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.