Do You Think I'm Sad?

I Live In A Blue House said:
billfromthehill said:
and sorry to say u do sound a little sad mate
Amazing comments against this post! My veiw is that it is a personal choice & not to be encouraged by other peoples opinions! What was it that the late Bill Shankly once quoted? Albeit that has nothing to do with COLOUR I suppose lol

RED is a no go as far as it goes in my BLUE house, however there is a small matter of a CITY BADGE & COAT that are 2 essentials.This admittedly is because I am SAD but will always be anti RED (Red/Black I can just about live with :) Nice 1 BLUE

do damage to your kids over a petty personal vendetta? nice parenting...

I wouldn't have been happy if my two sproggs had to wear a bright red uniform, as it is they wear a maroon one (definately not dark red), so I can sympathise with the OP. Probably I would try to find a more convincing excuse for avoiding a school than "I don't like the colour of the uniform". Incidentally you don't have to be a catholic to go to a catholic school as most of them reserve about 30% of places for none catholics, these places most likely will be allocated according to how close to the school a child lives. Speaking as a catholic myself I wouldn't recommend getting baptised if you really are an unrepentant heathen aethiest, at best you'll be a hypocrite at worst you'll look like a bit of a tit ;o)

There's no way my kids would be wearing red everyday, do what you have to do is my advice, education isn't as important as people say.

Maybe come to some sort of compromise though ask the school can your lad have black stripes on his first before you think about changing religion.

You can't be much of an atheist if you're willing to turn your back on your beliefs just because of the colour of a jumper!!

For what it's worth, I had to wear a red jumper for the first three years of my schooling and I turned out alright; I now live thousands of miles away from the ground and generally only watch us on TV these days. See, perfectly normal ;-)

Dubai Blue said:
You can't be much of an atheist if you're willing to turn your back on your beliefs just because of the colour of a jumper!!

For what it's worth, I had to wear a red jumper for the first three years of my schooling and I turned out alright; I now live thousands of miles away from the ground and generally only watch us on TV these days. See, perfectly normal ;-)
Atheism is not a belief. Moreover, it certainly is not a belief system.

Alex the Blue said:
I'm the Learning Mentor in a RC school. My headteacher is a devout Catholic as is another member of the senior management team. The 3 of us are all season cards holders at City. Most of the other staff profess to be reds although most of them wouldn't know they were outside the swamp if I dropped them off there. The school is in Salford and like all Salford schools it's full of would be rags.

We do have a few Blue families and we all know each other. You'll probably meet some other genuine Blues at whichever school you choose.

I do fully sympathise though with the aversion to red. I avoid the colour at all costs when at home and avoid it as much as possible when at school. Fortunately our school colours are not red and I have always promised myself I would never work in a school that had a red uniform, it would knock me sick.

They've got schools in Salford! Jeez, they'll be havin' shops in Liverpool next!

Skashion said:
Dubai Blue said:

Atheism is not a belief. Moreover, it certainly is not a belief system.
You know what I mean. Why would you want to get baptised and have to attend church if it's something you really don't believe in, simply because you don't want your kid to wear a red jumper at school? Sounds completely mental to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.