Do You Think I'm Sad?

peoffrey said:
Dubai Blue said:
Skashion said:
Atheism is not a belief. Moreover, it certainly is not a belief system.

You know what I mean. Why would you want to get baptised and have to attend church if it's something you really don't believe in, simply because you don't want your kid to wear a red jumper at school? Sounds completely mental to me.

You don't have to attend Church after being baptised. My Sister had my Nephew baptised yet she doesn't overtly practice Christianity (more a cultured Christian at best) and my Nephew doesn't go to Sunday School etc. She just seemed to get him baptised for the sake of it. The done thing.

I have friends who were baptised and confirmed yet have no shred of faith whatsoever.
Surely he'd have to show his face at least a few times before they baptise him. It just seems a bizarre length to go to all because of a colour. If it was a because it was a better school then you'd quite rightly do whatever was best for your kid, but as it's not just send him to the one with the red jumper FFS.

Dubai Blue said:
peoffrey said:
You don't have to attend Church after being baptised. My Sister had my Nephew baptised yet she doesn't overtly practice Christianity (more a cultured Christian at best) and my Nephew doesn't go to Sunday School etc. She just seemed to get him baptised for the sake of it. The done thing.

I have friends who were baptised and confirmed yet have no shred of faith whatsoever.

Surely he'd have to show his face at least a few times before they baptise him. It just seems a bizarre length to go to all because of a colour. If it was a because it was a better school then you'd quite rightly do whatever was best for your kid, but as it's not just send him to the one with the red jumper FFS.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask these days but the ethos of Christianity doesn't seem to fit in with refusing to baptise someone because they don't know him. I guess he might need a chat with the Priest first but I still maintain there are many people in the "Club" who don't deserve their membership. And vice versa.

I know I'm not supposed to take communion because I've not been confirmed - but some Churches are a little more liberal about it.

Ridiculous. I had a red uniform at school yet I'm a city fan. I also think is disrespectful that you would be willing to lie to a catholic church and have your son and yourself baptised so he doesn't have to wear a particular colour.

FYI I have plenty of red clothes, shock horror, but it doesn't make me a rag, its just another item of clothing.

Blue uniform for my kids, We have 3 schools in the area one wears red one wears blue and the Catholics wear green (and their footy team is dire 9-0 my sons team beat em ;), Although the Catholic school does get better grade results than the other 2 schools

On an unrelated subject (albeit a little immaturity when it comes to those red bastards), yesterday a lad in work but on a high-vis jacket. He's Latvian and not interested in football so it was clear that the jacket belonged to someone from the back shift. It had OLD TRAFFORD in black marker across the back. I couldn't help myself so got a black marker and wrote "23 10 11" underneath it.

Now the fuckwits in Hull aren't the brightest bunch when it comes to football so won't get a reference like this. Hopefully though, the plastic rag who owns the jacket will go home and google 23 10 11 Old Trafford. I'll never know what happens but just the belief that he'll do this brings a smile to my face.

SteWadda said:
They don't own the colour red

The OP is certainly being silly. A couple of months back I was distraught as I had to get rid of my 1.8 Fiesta Diesel. I had this since it was a Baby of 18 months old. I drove it for 13 years and sadly had to let it go. It was Scum coloured but it was a means of Transport not a Football team lifestyle choice.

SteWadda said:
They don't own the colour red

This. The twats even had a blue away shirt a few years ago.

Besides, you aren't thinking it through properly.

When I went to school we had a bown uniform. Yes, brown. Over time what began as a mild dislike for the colour turned into detestation. Result = number of brown clothes I now own = 0.

Send them to the school with the red jumpers, and watch them develop a hatred of the colour red with a passion (unless blended with vertical black stripes.) And, more importantly, watch them develop a hatred of all things associated with the colour red.

So think on...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.