Do you want Tevez to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlos Tevez [Merged]

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Aphex said:
I think from what Mancini said last night... it was "its him or me" kind of statement. As for can Tevez drive us further forward.....Well he COULD but the issue is for how long and at what cost. It seems to me that anything gained short term would be at the cost long term to the club.

there is a heat of the moment element to it all, and i can't help but think we may have been slightly stitched up by the media

i was angry last night, but i'm going to wait and see what comes of this. if the worst case scenario is of petulance then something may still be salvageable from this sorry mess.
I guess it comes down to we are almost into Oct do any of us really think Tevez will not be looking for a way out in Jan anyway.... So if Mancini backs down at this point and accepts that he "misunderstood" him we get 3 months before he is looking for a move again. Don't get me wrong I like Tevez alot as a player and think he will struggle to find another team that will build themselves around him the way we DID for the last 2 seasons(and seem to have moved away from this year). However, I question the cost of any make up.

he may try to move (more than likely) but to 'let him rot in the reserves' as some people have stated will reflect badly on us - eventually worse than the actual catalyst

i also have faith in ADUG to make the right decision on this.

Aphex said:
Danamy said:
Aphex said:
this is a make or break time

is anyone of the thought that this could drive us further forward?

afterall, tevez has come out with his usual 'misunderstood' statement - could he possibly be allowed to knuckle down and now prove his work

nothing would surprise me, and i'm just trying to be pragmatic..

Mancini needs backing right through the club after last night.

If Tevez is allowed to wear a City shirt again it will weaken Mancini's position as the manager, it'll be interesting to see what actions are taken on this?

i agree 100%. i've always backed mancini, and always will

i'm just saying that i'll wait until (if ever) the full truth comes out

i don't need 'arry redknapp to tell me what to believe.

Agree

For the record i wasn't questioning your loyalty, i was commenting on how the club handle it will be interesting.

What I find slightly bemusing is the fact that he has finally brought his family to live here and so one would look at that situation alone as an attempt by him at the very least to settle here for a period of time.

He has since made some confusing and contradictory statements as to his actions last night. This morning in the cold light of day has it dawned upon him how serious it actually was. Until we know more it does look as though it was possibly a premeditated act to bring his situation to the fore.I can't think of any other reason as to why he did it. Does he feel its the only way he can get his move from the club?

I've got to be honest though, I do find it very strange as he surely must have known the consequences of refusing to play considering he has finally moved his family here to settle why then go and commit proffesional suicide.

I've often wondered is there something more sinister lurking in the background of Carlos Tevez and Kia Joorabachin.

There is currently no future for him at Manchester City, which might be the way he wants it but if he really wanted to bring his family here and try again then there is really only one course of action left open to him and I still doubt that would pacify everyone.

If he were to come out within the next 24 hours and apologise to Manchester City Football Club, Roberto Mancini, his fellow teammates and the supporters and then confirm he will cut his ties with his agent and commit his future to City for the remainder of his contract would that enable him to come back into the fold.

Blue2112 said:
What I find slightly bemusing is the fact that he has finally brought his family to live here and so one would look at that situation alone as an attempt by him at the very least to settle here for a period of time.

He has since made some confusing and contradictory statements as to his actions last night. This morning in the cold light of day has it dawned upon him how serious it actually was. Until we know more it does look as though it was possibly a premeditated act to bring his situation to the fore.I can't think of any other reason as to why he did it. Does he feel its the only way he can get his move from the club?

I've got to be honest though, I do find it very strange as he surely must have known the consequences of refusing to play considering he has finally moved his family here to settle why then go and commit proffesional suicide.

I've often wondered is there something more sinister lurking in the background of Carlos Tevez and Kia Joorabachin.

There is currently no future for him at Manchester City, which might be the way he wants it but if he really wanted to bring his family here and try again then there is really only one course of action left open to him and I still doubt that would pacify everyone.

If he were to come out within the next 24 hours and apologise to Manchester City Football Club, Roberto Mancini, his fellow teammates and the supporters and then confirm he will cut his ties with his agent and commit his future to City for the remainder of his contract would that enable him to come back into the fold.

no it wont tevez is done, and good riddance

I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich.

"They understand that when I am on the pitch I have always given my best for the club. In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play.

"This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.

"Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations."

AdamoTheGreat said:
I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich.

"They understand that when I am on the pitch I have always given my best for the club. In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play.

"This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.

"Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations."
Kia's attempt at a get out trouble clause

Danamy said:
Aphex said:
Danamy said:
Mancini needs backing right through the club after last night.

If Tevez is allowed to wear a City shirt again it will weaken Mancini's position as the manager, it'll be interesting to see what actions are taken on this?

i agree 100%. i've always backed mancini, and always will

i'm just saying that i'll wait until (if ever) the full truth comes out

i don't need 'arry redknapp to tell me what to believe.

Agree

For the record i wasn't questioning your loyalty, i was commenting on how the club handle it will be interesting.

i know mate

it hurts when you stand by someone and argue their corner for it to potentially end this way.

Aphex said:
Aphex said:
there is a heat of the moment element to it all, and i can't help but think we may have been slightly stitched up by the media

i was angry last night, but i'm going to wait and see what comes of this. if the worst case scenario is of petulance then something may still be salvageable from this sorry mess.
I guess it comes down to we are almost into Oct do any of us really think Tevez will not be looking for a way out in Jan anyway.... So if Mancini backs down at this point and accepts that he "misunderstood" him we get 3 months before he is looking for a move again. Don't get me wrong I like Tevez alot as a player and think he will struggle to find another team that will build themselves around him the way we DID for the last 2 seasons(and seem to have moved away from this year). However, I question the cost of any make up.

he may try to move (more than likely) but to 'let him rot in the reserves' as some people have stated will reflect badly on us - eventually worse than the actual catalyst

i also have faith in ADUG to make the right decision on this.

No it won't, every media outlet, pundit, manager and player who has written about it or been interviewed in the past 15 hours has backed Mancini and slammed Tevez. I wouldn't even let him rot in the reserves, tell him he's banned from the training ground and the stadium and just let his contract run out or simply terminate his contract and sue him. We'd be portrayed as the club who finally stood up and stopped the ever increasing player power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.