Do you want Tevez to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tevez deserves to stay

The Doc said:
bakchod said:
I know everyone is pissed at tevez here.He has no right to refuse to come but the circumstances and constant snubbing by mancini boiled down to this disgusting event.It was clear in the sidelines of the 1st half when the match was well under 45 min and when tevez was warming up,he expected to start the 2nd half or atleast 10 min from the starting given the fact that we were 2 goal down.I dont know what mancini said to the team in the dressing room but how the team started the 2nd half it became evident that we were not pressing the ball with much zeal and enthusiasm from the word go ,though it should have been the opposite.Then came the sub of dzeko which i think was rightly played by mancini but for a striker sitting on the bench and seeing a defensive mid going for a forward adds to your frustration when you are ready to play and are eager to have an impact on the game especially when you are 2 down.Mancini could have explained to tevez about his gameplan of "calming the game" which is puzzling given the situation, beforehand through his training or coaching staff to tevez that he would go on as a 2nd sub rather than leaving him to ponder and vent his frustration on these confusing substitutions.This reminds me of the fulham game when he was brought on the 80th min rather than 15 min before when he could have more of an impact ,rather than trying to pull a frenzied effort to impress the gaffer and thus playing nervously with an added burden around him to score.This was the same scene with Napoli game where also he could have been introduced much earlier to have an impact.
I totally agree with the fellow bluemooners that what he did today is totally unacceptable given the fact what he said about our club and the entire summer saga which went on but the constant belittling and deriding of tevez by mancini during press interviews where he said he was not fit enough initially and then not good enough to be even the 3rd striker goes way above my head.The initial statement is true to an extent since his absence from preseason tour and return from Copa America but mancini's constant reference lately that he is still not 100% fit and well not good enough to start or atleast get subbed after 60 min is kind of a personal vendetta between the coach and the player.He was our top scorer last season and whatever be the issue off the pitch,i have never seen a more committed player in the squad than him when he comes on the pitch.I dont know what personal lesson mancini is hellbent on giving to tevez but it has taken the toll on team's performance and unity.It would be wrong to say its totally Tevez's fault ,mancini is no saint either.
So i hope city board ponders over this issue with due diligence and calm before giving a hasty decision.This issue between the player and the coach should be resolved now given that tevez's personal family issues have settled for the moment and the player has expressed his desire to stay.His passion and faith for the club should not be questioned even though he is made to sit at the bench when he should have been playing in the first place.

mancini is the manager. carlos is a player. entire paragraph voided.

Even if Mancini is 'disrespecting' Carlos......good on him. Tevez deserves all he gets for the way he has been disrespecting our club all season.....He, and most of us were fully expecting him gone over the summer....so he was replaced (by Aguero) and it's simply tough titty he has to remain here, and nobody's fault but his own he finds himself sat on the bench this season......

As said by many on here, he knew what the outcome of what he did last night would be, and part of him probably trying to 'be sacked' and free to move on.......and it's now down to the club to back the manager to the hilt and make an example of Tevez....let him either buy out his own contract, or rot in the U-16's or wherever.

The club MUST stand firm on this issue, or face it happening with other players in the future....

Re: Carlos Tevez Statement.

Decc66 said:
tommybooth said:
fine him a months wages and give him to Macc Town

No no no, needs to be much further north than that, Inverness will do.

I wouldn't inflict him on poor old Cally.. I've got a good mate who supports them.
What have they done to desrsetve that poisonous little shit?!!

Re: Carlos Tevez [Merged]

Digs galore in today's 'what the press says' on the OS

Well, did he or didn't he? The picture is rather more confusing today as websites report Carlos Tevez insisting that he did not refuse to play in the defeat at Bayern Munich.

There's only one story in town for the morning papers - Roberto Mancini declaring that Tevez "will never play for me again". "Finished!", booms the startling back page of the Daily Mail.

Everyone else goes along the same lines - but here's where the web scores instantly after Tevez's camp issued an overnight statement that the nationals can't print until tomorrow's papers.

They can, of course, adapt their stories to reflect the new, alternate version of events, and do so ...

The Mail's online story still runs Roberto's quotes, but it now reads: "Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has denied refusing to play against Bayern Munich in Tuesday's Champions League match.

"Tevez angered manager Roberto Mancini when he appeared to refuse to leave the substitutes' bench and take the field during the second-half with City trailing 2-0.

"Mancini later claimed the Argentinian would never play for him at City again before saying he would consult the club's owner about the way forward.

"But Tevez has issued a statement claiming he did not refuse to play and also said he was ready to fulfil his obligations to the club."

It reads: "I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich.

"They understand that when I am on the pitch I have always given my best for the club.

"In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play. This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.

"There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood. Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations."

Hmm, glad we sorted that out then. And full marks to Carlos's much-improved English, we must say.

It all appeared clear cut enough on the night, and former Blackburn and Liverpool boss Graeme Souness' damning verdict on live TV make a story in the Telegraph.

Somebody at Haaretz is a Beatles fan. The headline on the Israeli site's Champions League take reads "Hard day's night for Manchester's teams". As for Tevez, tomorrow never knows ...

IF we can sack him we can save about 30 million on his wages ...but hold onto his registration and we can maybe even sue him to get the transfer fee back.

Hope they clear him out of the club this week.

So he's released a statement saying he can't talk about it? Fucking disgrace to the club that we all love.

Re: Apology

With my quasi-legal hat on, I suspect we hold the whip-hand, and my first reaction is to give Tevez a good forty lashes.

If Tevez wishes to proffer MCFC fans a fulsome apology, I suggest he allows himself to be tied to the mosaic on Joe Mercer Way and brings a selection of instruments with which he can be scourged. I am certain that both he and I would feel a lot better at the conclusion of this kind of apology

Re: Tevez swap for Torres

didactic said:
These stupid threads make me wanna hang myself. Are you people realistic or do you live in "Fifa on PS3/Xbox" land?.

Lol very true.

SWP's back said:
Phil McNulty of the BBC has just tweeted:

Terminate Contract: retain resignation, wait to be sued, counter sue for extensive losses. Tie him up in High Court for 2 years.

So it's fair to say that McNulty doesn't support Tevez then.

Does he mean 'registration'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.