Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

Soulboy said:
I agree with the OP.

Now we have the money and the clout, we should be far more discerning in who we allow to support our beloved club... we really don't want just anyone.

So I suggest that before anyone qualifies for a season card or access card they are obliged to complete a questionnaire listing their interests, links to the city, birthplace, father's birthplace, grandfather's birthplace and whether or not you weret York or Lincoln in the late 90's.

If you state that you're a big fan of Oasis, Jason Manford and Ricky Hatton, this would be used in totalling up your points to see if you are qualified sufficiently to support the club.

Once the questionnaire has been processed, the lucky few would be invited to an interview, where well-informed locals such as Gary Cook, Sheik Mansour and Brian Marwood would question you as to your suitability to support the club.

It would be recommended that you atend the interview in a full kit of your choice (try not to make the mistake some of them would make by wearing a rags kit... it tends to score lower) and a set of match programmes from the previous 5 years.

The tests at the interview would include accent (Aaaaawrite maaaaaate.... wanna pint?) and inflections and nuances would be checked for location origin... the invited attendees would also have to be able to do a passable impression of a Liam Gallagher walk, to name the all-time City worst XI, sing three verses of Feed the Goat, have written evidence of having drunk in Mary D's and knew where Newton Heath was on a map.

This would ensure we could keep our support pure and local.

Well said Ram Master. We need more visionaries like you supporting the club...

LMFAO ! post of the month

Soulboy said:
I agree with the OP.

Now we have the money and the clout, we should be far more discerning in who we allow to support our beloved club... we really don't want just anyone.

So I suggest that before anyone qualifies for a season card or access card they are obliged to complete a questionnaire listing their interests, links to the city, birthplace, father's birthplace, grandfather's birthplace and whether or not you weret York or Lincoln in the late 90's.

If you state that you're a big fan of Oasis, Jason Manford and Ricky Hatton, this would be used in totalling up your points to see if you are qualified sufficiently to support the club.

Once the questionnaire has been processed, the lucky few would be invited to an interview, where well-informed locals such as Gary Cook, Sheik Mansour and Brian Marwood would question you as to your suitability to support the club.

It would be recommended that you atend the interview in a full kit of your choice (try not to make the mistake some of them would make by wearing a rags kit... it tends to score lower) and a set of match programmes from the previous 5 years.

The tests at the interview would include accent (Aaaaawrite maaaaaate.... wanna pint?) and inflections and nuances would be checked for location origin... the invited attendees would also have to be able to do a passable impression of a Liam Gallagher walk, to name the all-time City worst XI, sing three verses of Feed the Goat, have written evidence of having drunk in Mary D's and knew where Newton Heath was on a map.

This would ensure we could keep our support pure and local.

Well said Ram Master. We need more visionaries like you supporting the club...

why not give hair folicles and DNA, fingerprints & urine samples, triplicate Birth certifcate copies and a photo of yer mum riding the Bobs at belle vue in the 60's..Im sure this would would be enough to satisfy the Manchester City supporters club proof of origin Gestapo division...:)

I'am irish and have supported city for 43 years,i dont give a fuck who sits beside me at games,a 43 year vet like myself or a 1 week old supporter as long as you hurt like a bastard when we lose and dance like a lunatic when we win,and of course the newbies should have a look at our history and never ever forget the dark days,oh,and have CITY carved on your heart where ever you come from,do that and that's fine by me.

i have stood on the kippax in the late sixties early seventies with a crowd of 68,000 with a 95% home support so if you think all those people who were there at that time some have passed away some have moved on but they have had offspring who have without doubt become city fans, if you had a census on the amount of city fans in this country and abroad it would probably very surprising? a lot of fans are waiting for city to take off and thoe they have not been would be willing to do so when it happens? one thing about this ignorant media we have to live with is the fact they havn,t got a clue how big our suspended fan base really is? if we keep on purchasing our season tickets then i can see no problem who comes to fill the rest of the seats.

I'm from Northern Ireland and have followed City since 1990 getting over every season. I suppose when City start winning trophies I'll be considered a glory hunter or that I've jumped on the band wagon just because I don't have a Manchester accent. Any matches I've been to this season ain't been sellouts so surely the stay at home city fans living in Manchester are worse than those who take time and money to fly to the games. We may not get to every match but if I had the money I would.....

I'm going to Miami this year and was gonna see an American Football game, guess thats out the window now as I'm a tourist.....

I live in Ireland and cant stand Liverpool fans more than manure fans at the moment...they try and rip me when city lose but seem to actually not watched football for a while when liverfool aren't doing so well...all seem to have Celtic tops but never watched the Sunday league footy game in their life...ask me all the time prod or catholic...like it matters...i dont support rangers cos im a prod i support them to piss every1 here off...BTW I dont have a religion...just sayin...to be honest i wouldn't mind a few extra fans over here...but def dont want it to turn into what the rags have got...where the true manchester fans cant even get tickets to our own home games...cos some rich jap/jock/irish has bought all the tickets...and i promise you the better we do the more irish fans we will have cos...most of them are glory hunters...well done to the irish fans who have supported us 4 so long....
go into a sport shop over here,well in cork 4years ago....a few Leeds tops,manure,liverfool and Newcastle...
2years ago...all the above along with chelski and sunderland...
now all above along with Ipswich.....
just shows how loyal they really are....
I know loads a people too....in Ireland who used to be BLACKBURN fans...Guess when they 1st supported them...funny...but all liverfool fans now...just really hope we get 4th.....and watch the irish support for liverfool start the drop and that'll mean even less fans for them.....Maybe it will be good getting more fans as that will prob mean less fans for manure and liverfool

I'm just not really worried about the prospect of glory hunters. It's not like it's going to make me stop supporting City. Some people speak like glory hunting is some kind of unforgivable evil but to me it's just a silly thing from people who aren't really into football. It just doesn't bother me. And as people have said getting a few of them will be a sign of success, so really I suppose in the bigger picture that would be a good thing.

We're all City on here, I'm sure most are from Manchester or that area but a few including myself aren't, but we still show devotion and loyalty to our team.

Stupid thread.

We've always had a big following from outside Manchester. We've just always kept it quiet because it's a stick we frequently use to beat the rags with.

I'm more interested in people's motivations and personalities than what city they were born in to be honest.

We're funded by foreign money.

Majority of our players are non English.

Don't see why we should need to enforce a 100% Mancunian rule to our following.

It's this fear of 'becoming the rags' that holds us back. They've won countless trophies, do you think their real fans care that they have their fare share of fair weather fans? Of course not. Too busy celebrating winning Europe and lest we forget, the money the rags had until recently came from the fact that they have fans all over the world.

I swear most people, not necessarily the OP, on here would have us back in Division 2 when everything was apparently perfect and fun. Not my memories of being in Div 2. My memories centre around having Stockport and Oldham fans taking the piss and witnessing the shit win a treble whilst we played York and Bury. They weren't great days for me.

Sadly some fans do have this opinion for real this is off the official facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/mcfcofficial?v=feed&story_fbid=10150127634685455
Ryan Whitehead Ill say it again unless you was at the game keep ya mouth shut your opinion means f*ck all!!! Bunch of d*ckheads city played well today so stop knockin em you glory huntin fair weather fans f*ck off!!!

Sorry Ryan but it's idiots like you using the official club page abusing fellow fans the club don't need

If you can say that your 1st City match was before Thaksin came along, then I dont think you can be classified as a glory hunter. Just saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.