Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

its gonna happen- my advice would be to get the fuck over it!
this local club for local people attitude is embarrassing and almost makes me think you guys would be happier playing darlington away year in year out grow up for fuck sake!

lostmyhouseski said:
its gonna happen- my advice would be to get the fuck over it!
this local club for local people attitude is embarrassing and almost makes me think you guys would be happier playing darlington away year in year out grow up for fuck sake!

Some would!

For some, City are the football version of Munchausen Syndrome :-)

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.
Damn. Just when I was getting to love supporting City too.

Are you going to come around and confiscate my season card?

Cheesy said:
Some would!

For some, City are the football version of Munchausen Syndrome :-)

So true, and yet others get so giddy at the same time.

Talk of glory hunting misses out on one major fact, that we've won f**k all in 34 years, and it isn't changing in 2010. A semi final defeat is not "glory", all we've had so far is a lot of talk, and a fair bit of expenditure.

To support City you have to have connections in manchester thats bullsh*t! Im from Ireland but my dad has family in manchester and we stay with them when we go over, So your saying people that not only live abroad but people that just live outside manchester arnt allowed support city! Dont make me laugh!

Don't really know why the out-of-towners are getting so worked up.

Probably because of your original post which I quote "If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by"

I can't be done with narrow minded shite like that, does that mean that I am not welcome to come to City games, or if you hear my accent, you are gonna assume that I am some sort of phoney glory hunter, even though i have been a City fan for the past 20 years.

What started as City being my team, soon turned into an obsession and I can assure you mate that just because I am not from Manchester, does not mean that I don't care about City as much as you. Ask my wife, she's sick of me shouting if i'm watching City on the telly.

I'll admit I haven't been to lots and lots of games, friggin ell I remember my first few games coming to Maine Road in the 90's on my own via train from Hull cos none of my mates wanted to come with me.I have been to the odd game here and there.As much as I would love to go to every game I just can't afford it, so I bought a City card for me and Mrs Mac and pick my games.

I have a 8 year old girl who I am pleased to say has been City mad for the last couple of years and one memory I will never forget was at the Arsenal game this season in the league. When Sweep scored our 4th goal the stadium was going beserk and I remember picking my daughter up,then jumping up and down. I then look at her and seeing her one arm raised aloft with the other holding on to me, but what gets me is seeing the massive smile on her face. It's just a little thing that I will never forget and worth every fucking penny of the £130 I spent on tickets, petrol, food etc.

To anybody who reads this if this comes across as self-righteous i do apologise. I just can't be done with this bollocks assumption that anybody who watches City who isn't a Manc is some sort of plastic fan like these rag c***s who claim to be a fan but actually know nothing about football.

Rant over, CTID

Big Mac said:
Don't really know why the out-of-towners are getting so worked up.

Probably because of your original post which I quote "If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by"

I can't be done with narrow minded shite like that, does that mean that I am not welcome to come to City games, or if you hear my accent, you are gonna assume that I am some sort of phoney glory hunter, even though i have been a City fan for the past 20 years.

What started as City being my team, soon turned into an obsession and I can assure you mate that just because I am not from Manchester, does not mean that I don't care about City as much as you. Ask my wife, she's sick of me shouting if i'm watching City on the telly.

I'll admit I haven't been to lots and lots of games, friggin ell I remember my first few games coming to Maine Road in the 90's on my own via train from Hull cos none of my mates wanted to come with me.I have been to the odd game here and there.As much as I would love to go to every game I just can't afford it, so I bought a City card for me and Mrs Mac and pick my games.

I have a 8 year old girl who I am pleased to say has been City mad for the last couple of years and one memory I will never forget was at the Arsenal game this season in the league. When Sweep scored our 4th goal the stadium was going beserk and I remember picking my daughter up,then jumping up and down. I then look at her and seeing her one arm raised aloft with the other holding on to me, but what gets me is seeing the massive smile on her face. It's just a little thing that I will never forget and worth every fucking penny of the £130 I spent on tickets, petrol, food etc.

To anybody who reads this if this comes across as self-righteous i do apologise. I just can't be done with this bollocks assumption that anybody who watches City who isn't a Manc is some sort of plastic fan like these rag c***s who claim to be a fan but actually know nothing about football.

Rant over, CTID

Superb call,mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
These tossers who believe that you can,t be a Blue because of where you live are RAGS IN DISGUISE.
Hope you and your daughter see more wins and big smiles from her !!!

I'm not from Manchester myself but City were the first team I supported (the influence of mates in Manc who got me into league football) and I'll always support them.

I think there is a line between glory hunters and people who aren't from wherever their team is, but are genuine supporters. Glory hunters are people who claim to support a huge team but know fuck all about the club apart from maybe "Rooney is a quality striker", or "that penalty miss of Terry's was shocking".

As for the possibility of getting glory hunters, well, that all depends on how well we do in the Champion's League.

I agree with the OP.

Now we have the money and the clout, we should be far more discerning in who we allow to support our beloved club... we really don't want just anyone.

So I suggest that before anyone qualifies for a season card or access card they are obliged to complete a questionnaire listing their interests, links to the city, birthplace, father's birthplace, grandfather's birthplace and whether or not you weret York or Lincoln in the late 90's.

If you state that you're a big fan of Oasis, Jason Manford and Ricky Hatton, this would be used in totalling up your points to see if you are qualified sufficiently to support the club.

Once the questionnaire has been processed, the lucky few would be invited to an interview, where well-informed locals such as Gary Cook, Sheik Mansour and Brian Marwood would question you as to your suitability to support the club.

It would be recommended that you atend the interview in a full kit of your choice (try not to make the mistake some of them would make by wearing a rags kit... it tends to score lower) and a set of match programmes from the previous 5 years.

The tests at the interview would include accent (Aaaaawrite maaaaaate.... wanna pint?) and inflections and nuances would be checked for location origin... the invited attendees would also have to be able to do a passable impression of a Liam Gallagher walk, to name the all-time City worst XI, sing three verses of Feed the Goat, have written evidence of having drunk in Mary D's and knew where Newton Heath was on a map.

This would ensure we could keep our support pure and local.

Well said Ram Master. We need more visionaries like you supporting the club...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.