Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

well with a 1 billion quid investment i think the boss would like tourists, as for gloryhunters im not arsed i dont think im any better than any other city fan new or old.

It always cracks me up, when people think I need their permission to support City.

So whilst you worry yourself half way to an early grave about tourist and gloryhunters I will just get on with supporting City.

The more the merrier. Some of our best supporters have no connection to Manchester, and we've never been th type of club that excludes people who want to be blue.

It's easy to spot a gloryhunter from a fan. Gloryhunters will moan about fucking everyhthing and turn up expecting to win. Proper fans will remember what it used to be like for City and just support the team the way they always have.

If we keep the ground at 48k, you can BET that we will all be forced out and anyone that doubts that just has to look at Chelsea. I have been out of the country for most of the last 15 years so the other week was the first time I had been since the mid-90s and the real shedend and it was a real shock, that f***ing stupid clap thing they do before kick-off would have got you killed in the 80s and 90s from their old fanbase. Chelsea just priced their old fans out of the ground(I guess due to the location they couldn't do alot else, due to only being able to hold 42K)and they where a group nearly as loyal to a team that hadn't won anything for 20 plus years as we are.

Not at all, think about it rags would have similar attendances to us if they didn't have so many plastics. However I must admit, I wish they'd put some proper fans in the North stand, no offence to LCBlue etc, you know I'm talking about the jaffa cake brigade

kippaxwarrior said:
Good point
But im afraid thats whats going to happen
Just look at the rags,chelsea and loserpool
BUT im glad to say i was there though the dark days and looking forward(hopefully!!) to the good days

The common bond these clubs have is the ticket prices. If you price out the locals the glory-hunters take their places. If you keep the prices down the revamped ground will be full with the current 45k plus locals like the Hamburg game worked out. The glory hunters don't hunt the glory until teams start winning trophes. We still haven't got the team (yet) to win the league or champions league in the next couple of years.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

Firstly, let me state I don't disagree with what you're saying, much rather we kept CoMS full of fans rather than people there for a "day out", but, you need a connection to support the club but owning the club without a connection is fine?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.