Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

city bairn said:
It's easy to spot a gloryhunter from a fan. Gloryhunters will moan about fucking everyhthing and turn up expecting to win. Proper fans will remember what it used to be like for City and just support the team the way they always have.

obviously your not in 117

city bairn said:
It's easy to spot a gloryhunter from a fan. Gloryhunters will moan about fucking everyhthing and turn up expecting to win. Proper fans will remember what it used to be like for City and just support the team the way they always have.

In that case we've been carrying quite a few frustrated gloryhunters over the years! ;-)

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

No one in my family supports city, dad preston brother liverpool, i live in lancaster, i have no family living in or from manchester. i have no connection to manchester whatsoever !

so am i not welcome ? bare in mind ive supported city for 21 years, i go to every home game including cups, ive only missed two away games this season.
Thats not just this season that 21 seasons.

I was supporting City before there was all the money. Am I not good enough? I am travelling for football. Am I not welcome? I am bleeding blue. I am supporting City and I don't need your permission to do so.

i dont want glory hunters myself but ....

i am a city fan and have been through the bad times ...

my family have no city connections, i am not from manchester, but close by ....

i was a regular when we were in the old division 3....watched games against the greats suchs as colchester, northampton, etc etc

i was a season ticket holder atmaine rd and coms

my son is a blue and proud to be blue............his first game as a 3/4 yr old was crewe at home !!! think we won 4-0

i dont qualify as a true blue as not a manc born person, but nevertheless i am proud to be blue, proud my son is blue and i know if he has a son ...he will be blue ...once a blue always a blue !!

we can all spot the "plastic" supporters !!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
If we keep the ground at 48k, you can BET that we will all be forced out and anyone that doubts that just has to look at Chelsea. I have been out of the country for most of the last 15 years so the other week was the first time I had been since the mid-90s and the real shedend and it was a real shock, that f***ing stupid clap thing they do before kick-off would have got you killed in the 80s and 90s from their old fanbase. Chelsea just priced their old fans out of the ground(I guess due to the location they couldn't do alot else, due to only being able to hold 42K)and they where a group nearly as loyal to a team that hadn't won anything for 20 plus years as we are.

Correct, I hope this doesn't happen at City, but it already has to a degree. I know quite a lot of blues who could no longer afford their season tickets, so they thought they'd go more casually to games, and simply got out of the habit, now they have a life outside of watching City week in week out, and rarely go.

ADUG's investment is just that, they are ultimately here to make money, and prices WILL go up eventually.

With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

yeah, good for target practice

I am originally from near Falmouth in Cornwall and have no connection whatsoever with City or Manchester.

My dad has no interest in football and never has had; he is a rugby union man.

I have been supporting City for over 40 years and the decision to do so was entirely my own choice. I don't think anyone who has loyally followed City for that length of time could be accused of being a glory-hunter.

I stuck by City through all the thin years, despite contant mickey-taking.

I am now a season-ticket holder and have been for more than ten years.
Do you still think I am less of a City supporter than you or anyone else who comes from Manchester?

As long as the people embrace what this club is about, learn about 'Typical City' and are realistic then i couldn't care less if it was their 1st or 5000th game.

i want the club to increase its fan base,i want the city to support the owners 100% i couldnt care less where the fans come from.They will come to support and be entertained.The clubs revenue needs to keep increasing somebody has to pay for this.I remember standing on the kippax with only 17k i dont want them days ever again.i hate these fans stuck inthe past that believe there own self importance.
i was queing for tickets and a spanish speaking man tried asking a question too which a clown behind me replied old traffords that way`these idiots should piss off id take the tourists any day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.