Halifax 2001
Tranmere 2002
Hamburg 2002
Oldham 2003
Rochdale 2006
Shrewsbury 2007
Barnsley 2009
Rangers 2009

Mansfield away. Everyone there watched the fat, embarrassing ghost of David Seaman flapping about like a red faced seal and knew Keegan had made a terrible error.
I know he supposedly retired with a ‘back injury’ in that November but everyone knows we basically paid him up and asked him to politely fuck off without slagging us in the papers

Living in Cornwall. I have seen friendlies against Plymouth, Exeter and even Newquay.

Mansfield away. Everyone there watched the fat, embarrassing ghost of David Seaman flapping about like a red faced seal and knew Keegan had made a terrible error.
I know he supposedly retired with a ‘back injury’ in that November but everyone knows we basically paid him up and asked him to politely fuck off without slagging us in the papers
I got lost driving to that one, but ended up clocking Keith Curle driving past, knew he was the manager at Mansfield so followed him.

They knocked me back at the staff car park though.

Only ours tbf if available, though if the time frames don't fit and I have to fuck about to find a stream I don't lose sleep over missing them

When we played more locally then would attend as many as possible

Last edited:
I was at Walsall in 75 Ithink.Bryan Kidd played at Fellows Park in a fairly routine win.Always remember the perimeter was was single skin breeze block,h&s?

I remember City touring Norway in the early eighties and we were battering sides by seven or eight goals, as a young lad I thought this is going to be a great season. I'm sure it was the 82-83 season, enough said

No. They’re just a marketing exercise to sell tickets to glory hunters from other countries that don’t prepare the team for the season ahead in any way whatsoever.

The way pre-seasons run they actually hinder rather than prepare teams for the season. Pre-season should be about the players but it’s not about the players in any way shape or form. It winds me up every year!

If you could think up the absolute worst way to prepare a sports team for a new season, you’d say: get the players on flights to and from places thousands of miles away, spending more time on planes than training, and playing a minimal amount of football games often on shit pitches (one year we came back with Yaya and Delph getting injured on a baseball pitch).

But that’s exactly what Prem teams do for pre-season every year.

You wouldn’t believe that the Premier League is the pinnacle sports league in the world with the most valuable sports stars in the world. The players are treated like they're nothing by clubs in pre-season with bare minimum physical preparation for the new season.

Pep asked for and was given control of his first pre-season with Bayern. They played eleven games, all in Germany. Tells you all you need to know about what Pep thinks about these stupid tours.

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time we played a friendly that isn't the community shield on UK soil? I honestly can't remember the last time we played a local side in a friendly game. we have played in Iceland and germany over the years as far as i can think.
I'll guess at Dundee in 2014. A few hundred of us daft sods made the trip.
Latics in 2012 as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.