Do you watch the pre-season games?

Do you watch pre-season games?

• Yes

Votes: 104 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 27.8%

• Total voters
No, I'll go in person to UK based ones but the games are just to get fitness up and not competitive. I happened to be on holiday in Iceland a few years ago, and serendipitously city arranged a friendly there. Was going to go but the tickets were £65 each so £325 for our family of 5. Decided to sack it off. Glad I did game was terrible.

Mansfield away. Everyone there watched the fat, embarrassing ghost of David Seaman flapping about like a red faced seal and knew Keegan had made a terrible error.
I know he supposedly retired with a ‘back injury’ in that November but everyone knows we basically paid him up and asked him to politely fuck off without slagging us in the papers
If that was true why leave not sign another keeper first? His replacement was far worse, and we ended up signing James over a month later and the conference level Iceland keeper.

The best pre season games I can recall have both been at home versus Barcelona and Valencia.

Nah. I remember the good old days when pre season was against local teams.

While I understand the need for this jetting around the world bollocks, I don't have the time anymore or the inclination to watch it.

I'll watch the charity shield though.

Pre-season match threads are hilarious.

People getting so angry at training games.

Pre season for me is all about getting on your minutes and “money in the bank” as I used to get told. Playing lower league sides near by and raising a bit of money for the lower league team and a chance for some kids/fans to watch live a premier league/first division side.
I’ve watched and played in some great pre season games but nowadays it’s just pr obligations to go to the USA or china etc.

It used to be getting a look at new signings or some of the youth team coming through. Also used to be a great day out and mingling and chatting with fans from clubs you never normally play. Probably nostalgia but always seem to be a lovely sunny day on match day and you could have a beer in pub gardens and if you were playing at a non league side the club house was open.

I guess that is the price to pay for success. Could still send youth sides etc to some local lower league/non league sides though. Although I draw the line at a side made up of fans and in the community players.
A few years ago one of my old teams advertised they were playing arsenal in a pre season. I popped along expecting it to be resies and youth players. Sat down and “arsenal “ ran out in a dark blue kit. I asked someone nearby what was going on to be told it was their in the community team that were playing.

Piss take.

Personally use to love going up to Scotland or some random 3rd division team for a pre season game had some great days out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.