Do you watch the pre-season games?

Do you watch pre-season games?

• Yes

Votes: 104 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 27.8%

• Total voters
I have tried many times over the years to watch as many pre-season games as I can. However, I gave up all together a few years ago after setting alarms to stupid times in the morning. I think it was Balotelli that killed it altogether for me?
Ahh, I ticked 'Yes' before realising you're talking about watching them live. I need my sleep nowadays so I watch them after the fact.

When I were nobbut a lad we’d go to places like Southport for pre season “friendlies”.
I remember one where Rodney Marsh put an opponent in hospital and another where Buzzer got sent off.
Visited such diverse places as Sealand road (Chester), Caernarvon, Bangor, Aberdeen, Southport - most including overnight stops in a nearby pub. We once had a holiday on the Norfolk Broads, and ended up in Burslem in time for a game against Port Vale.

Used to when I was younger and they were on at reasonable time. Aside from when Pep took over, I’ve not bothered for a number of years. Why wake up at silly hour to watch a training match? I’ll catch the highlights over a morning brew.

When I were nobbut a lad we’d go to places like Southport for pre season “friendlies”.
I remember one where Rodney Marsh put an opponent in hospital and another where Buzzer got sent off.
The best one I can recall was when Hibs' Joe Tortolano was sent off for kicking Gordon Strachan in a Testimonial Match against Manchester United.

It depends on where they are, the middle of the night games in America I’ll probably catch the highlights on the website the next day.

Pre season games in general are becoming more and more of a dying thing sadly. We seem to play less games each year, with the majority of the senior players back for the CS or even the first PL game.

I miss the days where we’d play 8 or so games with lots of local sides thrown in too. Used to be some belting days out watching them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.