Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

USA are a decent side but England have been fortunate with the draw and will win all 3 games in the group stage.

If you offered me a draw, I would snatch your hand off!! Cannot see us keeping a clean sheet. Gooch hasnt played since october and isnt even fully fit. he should not play-PERIOD!!! We are capable of scoring goals. It should be interesting. Just hope that Bradley isnt too conservative in his tactics...

kiam06 said:
I have a feeling that the USA are going to do a job on us, US football has improved considerably in the past few years and they have plenty of players who are at good european teams. Also I have to say from what I have seen in recent games I think England are very average and will struggle in the tournament.

What does everybody else think?? Sorry to piss on everyone's chips a few days before it all kicks off!!

Nah<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 pm --<br /><br />
The Pink Panther said:
I think two teams who are both scared of losing will end up in a dull draw.

Hmmm could be.

With Germany almost certainly awaiting the runners up in this group we can't afford to slip up. A draw against the US would mean we have to win our remaining games. On paper that should be easy but both Slovenia and Algeria will be well up for causing an upset.
A win in our first game takes the pressure off and means we can afford to draw one of our games (even though we should still go for the win!), However my gut feeling (and those of the bookies) is the draw and we will finish the group on seven points.

On paper England should win this comfortably. The US will as usual be full of endeavour and have that "never say die" attitude but they lack real quality players especially in defence where they have the likes of Spector and Onyewe. They do have two players I like in Torres and of course Donavan but thats about it. If we play to our potential I'm expectiong Rooney and Crouch to score a brace a piece with Lamps or Gerrard contributing a goal or two.

kiam06 said:
I have a feeling that the USA are going to do a job on us, US football has improved considerably in the past few years and they have plenty of players who are at good european teams. Also I have to say from what I have seen in recent games I think England are very average and will struggle in the tournament.

What does everybody else think?? Sorry to piss on everyone's chips a few days before it all kicks off!!
who the fuck you worried about? dempsey who can't get in fulhams 1st team or altidore who can't get in hulls? howard isn't a bad keeper but my no means the greatest and the fella who was on loan at everton isn't a bad player but nothing i'm concerned about really. we'll win comfortably imo.

I personally can see a goal fest on both sides here as long as both sides don't sit back on defense the whole match.

Both sides have injured defenders and are generally just OK defensively anyway.

I think the US plays as a team better than the England squad does and that's how they manufacture goals, but England is more talented on an individual level.

Can't really predict this one at all.

And for those of you who are bashing the US team as "twats" and "wanks" grow up and learn a little about US football. It's not the same as it used to be at all. We are a much more organized and skillful squad then we've produced in the past capable of beating SPAIN, which as several have mentioned we're the only ones to have done in the last what is it 40 games now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.