Does anybody feel “different” since Istanbul?

I feel different and I'm glad to read I'm not alone.

I can't put my finger on it either. I'm a life long fan of 40 years, so I've seen the lows. The treble should be the highest of highs but it just felt like a relief, that we finally got that monkey of our backs.

Is it that, I thought City winning the Champions League was just a pipe dream and, now that we've won it, it feels more like just getting something, we were expected to do, done?

I don't know. Perhaps it would have been better to win the UCL first, get that out of the way, then win a treble and celebrate such an achievement.

However, whichever way you look at it, those that are old enough to remember the sh*t times, have been absolutely spoilt more than any other fan IMHO. We've litterelly seen it all. Who has seen depressing, humbling lows, yet, seen such magnificent highs?

Perhaps that is the issur. We've been pinching ourselves for years, however, the treble confirms we are actually one of - if not thee - best Premier League teams of all time. That journey, many of us have been on for so long, is no over. We're now just an established top European club.

Fan from 13 years ago.. my lows are different from yours but yes.. I'm smiling and relaxed like I was after Agueroooooo.

The best way to describe is opposite of what I felt after 2021 after the CL loss.

That said I still want more.

Pep has tried for 6 seasons to win it by scoring 5 goals a game so the UCL officials don't screw us over. This time we won because of a solid defense that stifled really good offensive teams.

And our defensive core is still young or entering their prime except maybe Walker. We can legitimately try to do the Real Madrid 5 times in a row if Pep and Haaland are up for it.

I've said this in another thread, but my Dad died in August 2012 after a long illness. The last game he saw at the Ethiad was 93:20 with both his Grandsons sat next to him. He told me it was one of the greatest days of his life.

My Mum has since been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She has a few months left. When she got the diagnosis, one of the first things she said was that if City win the Champions League, she'd die a happy lady.

We'll, they did it. And they'll probably never know exactly how much it means to me and my family.

So, yeah, I feel different. I feel a peace I thought I'd struggle to feel.

Thank you, City. I fucking love this club and all of you daft blue fuckers.

I've said this in another thread, but my Dad died in August 2012 after a long illness. The last game he saw at the Ethiad was 93:20 with both his Grandsons sat next to him. He told me it was one of the greatest days of his life.

My Mum has since been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She has a few months left. When she got the diagnosis, one of the first things she said was that if City win the Champions League, she'd die a happy lady.

We'll, they did it. And they'll probably never know exactly how much it means to me and my family.

So, yeah, I feel different. I feel a peace I thought I'd struggle to feel.

Thank you, City. I fucking love this club and all of you daft blue fuckers.
Similar to me ,watched 93.20 with my very ill dad in his hospice, last game he ever saw. I had given up and couldn’t watch it and he said, never ever give up on your team son. 5 mins later was the most bitter sweet moment of my life. FFP charges, Oil club, no fans blah blah blah just white noise, we have lived the dream and nothing and nobody can change that or take away our unconditional love for OUR TEAM. Champions of Europe, Champions of England and FA cup Champions of Manchester

Like the FA Cup in 2010/11 or the Premier League in 2011/12, this Champions League win is so special because it’s the first under this regime.

We may win it again but it won’t be as life defining because it’s no longer a first.

Feel more anger at the lack of respect for our achievements from this country's yank fuelled media, the charges and opposite fans who believe all the fucking shit.

But also couldn't be any prouder of Pep and the boys

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.