Does anybody feel “different” since Istanbul?

I feel similar to how I did after the Sergio goal.
Then I was level three at the back not able to see much,not sure what was going on and it was just the same in Istanbul.It was surreal on both occasions as if it was happening somewhere else to someone else.
It’s only now after watching the lads close up on TV,the interviews,the goal that’s it has sunk in that we are the Champions of Europe.
The fact is was in Istanbul(albeit at a stupid venue) is special.It’s exotic and edgy where you can get into a taxi and literally your life expectancy drops by a thousand percent instantly so the place was special and we have been singing about it for so long havn’t we.
Wembley next year will be more accessible but no way as special.
In my opinion it was a must win game and Inter gave us a right good test and lets face it their fans were ace but we came through and in the end our name was on it and whichever way it was done it was done and the best team in the world won the top competition finally….finally.
Where to now..I just don‘t know.I really don’t think it could get better than now.

Normally at this point of the summer I am already desperate for the new season to start and to go through it all again. This summer I am just left with the memories of last season which I don't want to let go. I don't want to lose those players, that shirt, those songs, the season of our lives.

Watching from Manchester the night we won it was special and I am constantly reminding myself that we did it, reflecting on the emotions and the bedlam following the goal and later full time. The enormity of it has not sunk in and I don't think I will begin to truly comprehend we are Champions of Europe until the football is underway again next season. I'm still just getting used to being able to say we are Champions of Europe and of course Treble winners.

I just have an overwhelming feeling of contentness since the days after, I feel we have done everything and got what we have deserved for so long - it can't get better than this. Whenever I watch Rodri's goal back I still get surge of emotion in my heart building up to when the ball slammed the back of the net. I'm just so happy, so relieved, so proud of our achievement. We did it. CTID

Players and fans alike will feel the same to some extent. This is where a truly legendary team will go again, its so difficult to stay at the top and hungry when you've won everything. I for one though am as hungry as ever. I want the Quadruple next

I feel complete. I was never a fan of the CL and I stated on here that the priority for me was ‘3 in a row’. I’m still scarred by the weekend in Istanbul, but the game itself will live with me forever. I think we have reached our destiny as the greatest ever. The World Club champions is all that’s left.
Greatest club side in history? Certainly in England without a doubt...WOW !!!

Since getting back I feel completely different. Not like a weight has been lifted per se, but an innate weird feeling like the pinnacle has been reached. Maybe along the lines of “What next?” Or “Nothing will ever top this.”

Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know. But in someways it’s like I feel completely differently towards everything. I blame Nevizade and its capturing of souls on that Friday and Saturday night.
I feel different and I'm glad to read I'm not alone.

I can't put my finger on it either. I'm a life long fan of 40 years, so I've seen the lows. The treble should be the highest of highs but it just felt like a relief, that we finally got that monkey of our backs.

Is it that, I thought City winning the Champions League was just a pipe dream and, now that we've won it, it feels more like just getting something, we were expected to do, done?

I don't know. Perhaps it would have been better to win the UCL first, get that out of the way, then win a treble and celebrate such an achievement.

However, whichever way you look at it, those that are old enough to remember the sh*t times, have been absolutely spoilt more than any other fan IMHO. We've litterelly seen it all. Who has seen depressing, humbling lows, yet, seen such magnificent highs?

Perhaps that is the issur. We've been pinching ourselves for years, however, the treble confirms we are actually one of - if not thee - best Premier League teams of all time. That journey, many of us have been on for so long, is no over. We're now just an established top European club.

On top of the world, and no feeling can top it right now. It's like a sense of relief, and a "where can we go from here". It's as though we have finally arrived on the world stage, and to win the Treble the way we did beating United on the way was just Perfect.

Few of my United mates have barely spoken a few words to me since we won the treble (they'll have to face me at a Wedding in a few weeks). Nothing they do say (which is generally along the lines of "115 charges") can get a reaction out of me. I know the Club is in very good hands, and I'm at ease with that.

Honestly couldn't care less if we didn't win the Title this upcoming season! I've lived the treble moment now, and I'm unbelievably happy with that right now! Of course I want more, but I know at the same time Football can change so quickly so I just want to enjoy the summer and let it all sink in. I've watched us from the early 90's when we were shit. My Mum and Dad went to Stoke away to watch us get Relegated on Kinkladze's farewell, whilst me and my brother ( who were 7 years old) watched it on the Television at home with our Grandmother. To watch this journey has been incredible, and it's something my mates who are United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans haven't experienced. I feel lucky to have experienced that.

Just really looking forward to seeing what Pep can do with this Team going forwards.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.