Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

It is essential that any teams back-up full back is sound defensively. Attacking ability is a bonus. Kolarov ain't good enough to step in for Clichy in a match where we would be tested.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
oakiecokie said:
The biggest NO in the world.Shite and I don`t think as a player I can disuss anything positive about the lad.The odd free kick may go in,but thats about it.

Everytime he starts I say to myself "Kolarov is playing-we are fucked" and 99% of the time I am right. I'd love to know the actual stats of us winning when he starts.

-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.
The trouble is he is compared to the excellent Clichy.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.

You can't be serious-seriously???

I can't remember a player who has played for us with a left foot as good as him.

If he hadn't have scored the equaliser against Sunderland in the 3-3, we would have never won the league.

In my time.....I'd say Hinchcliffe had a far sweeter left foot. Peter Barnes too
Erm.......Neil Young perhaps?

- Compared with Bridge he's a massive upgrade.
- Compared with most of the teams in the prem he is an upgrade - Not with the rest of the top 6 though (Even Spurs).
- He is the best free kick taker in last seasons team - sadly football doesn't have Gridiron special teams.

So yes I rate him. Just not enough for where the owners want us to go.

ell said:
No. £18m makes me want to cry especially compared to 7 for Clichy
See the positive here and applaud the deal that got us Clichy for a Bargain £7m. Mind you when we bought him I was uncertain though now I agree he is class and there ain't many (Baines is on a par) that are better than him in the Prem.

Nice to have Alexander as back up.

Think the Clichy fee was artificially low as he was entering the last season of his contract at Ars and was coming off a subpar season.

Kolarov is a great character and I hope Pelli's formation and style bring out the form he shows for Serbia where he looks good every time I've seen him.

He isn't as bad as people make out.
He's always a bit rusty whenever he plays because he rarely does.
Yes, he isn't very good defensively, but I think its because he just hasn't adjusted his game enough to compensate for the slower pace in Italy, and not because he has no talent.
He has saved our Bacon a few times though.
And if I had to pick a team of people for a cage fight, he'd be one of 'em

I do..I like his ability to cross and free kicks ..people here are exaggerating ..alot of moaners on here anyway ..CLICHY SUCKSSSSSSS AT CROSSING THE BALL...LIKE SERIOUSLY SUCKS LIKE WATCHING HIM CROSS ON THE RUN IS AN EYE SORE..I THNK PEOPLE ARE ARE WAY OVERRATING CLICHY AND UNDERATING KOLAROV

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.