Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

jauganaut said:
He isn't as bad as people make out.
He's always a bit rusty whenever he plays because he rarely does.
Yes, he isn't very good defensively, but I think its because he just hasn't adjusted his game enough to compensate for the slower pace in Italy, and not because he has no talent.
He has saved our Bacon a few times though.
And if I had to pick a team of people for a cage fight, he'd be one of 'em

Agreed.
He is not a bad player but for the same reasons as above looks suited to the Italian League.
I would like to have seen him now if we had him as numero uno and not a sporadically used sub.
His short and long passing moving up the pitch is fine imo.

SuperYaya said:
His first season was really bad and that has set the tone for his City career. I think he improved a little bit in the past 2 seasons, but I still wouldn't feel good about him being the starting left back. Clichy is miles better.

I remember the time he played on the wing in the derby and he was shocking. Don't think he's even that great at attacking, just got a powerful shot, good free kicks and good crossing. No tricks and no pace.

No tricks. Are you blind? He's repeated that one trick he does so many times every defender in the League knows when it's coming!

By the end of 2011 I was praying for him to get a terrible injury. All he fucking did the entire first year was get near the left corner of the penalty box and take a potshot at goal. He'd get lucky if it just brushed against the outside of the net.

I'm not one for looking up and quoting stats, (can't be arsed) but I'd bet kolarov's stats re assists and goals stand up to most left backs. A bit suspect defending but, how often do we defend ? I'd play him certainly in every home league game. Maybe found out against Europe's finest. Best crosser of a ball at City by a country mile, which is a very useful skill to have as a professional footballer, and one that a lot of our players lack.

Dethred said:
By the end of 2011 I was praying for him to get a terrible injury. All he fucking did the entire first year was get near the left corner of the penalty box and take a potshot at goal. He'd get lucky if it just brushed against the outside of the net.

There are some right twats in this world. Kolorov isn't one of them. I guess a lot of people would not have the same view about you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.