Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Not bad considering his role is to be second choice LB, however he has big wages and if we can sell him at a decent price and get someone else in on cheap, that would be good. At the same time though, not terribly bothered if he stays.

lust overlord said:
He is hugely frustrating to watch at times.You can see there is real quality in his play occasionally but he often seems to switch off or fuck simple things up.
He's probably one of those players who the premier league doesn't suit and will look shit hot in Italy or Spain.
Hope he does well wherever he is next season.

Especially if it for us.

Zabba reached a new level last season so hopefully someone like Kolorov will surprise us this season.

Rate him enough to be happy he's a squad player - different games need different ways to play and Kolorov is more than capable of filling in when Clichy needs a rest or we're setting up in a new formation or even early cup games. Granted his defending isn't his strongest attribute but as the left back position has evolved so much over the years I don't believe it's such a problem - that said I wouldn't start him against any of the top 4 or in the CL....which I suppose means I rate him a little bit but obviously not enough! Haha!

YES we need to keep him for this alone!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kur5sS3EWQs[/youtube]

I rate him highly but he isn't quite as good as Clichy.

I think he can take an excellent Free Kick and he can be a very decent crosser of the Ball. He also doesn't take prisoners or defeat well and it was noticeable in the Southampton fiasco last Season how much we toughened up when he came on. I would like to keep him.

I don't rate the fella at all - having said that I certainly don't think he's utter garbage ala Fontzeck. For the person saying best left foot seen at city - how about Horlock/Kennedy/Kinkladze - I'd even throw in a Tarnat!!

I think I must be getting old as I personally think a full back should defend first and foremost - there are players ahead of you to do the fancy attacking stuff. And Kolarov doesn't either particularly good - Leighton Baines shits all over him for example in every aspect!

Any player who is a squad member of a top two side like Kolarov has been for the past two seasons is a likely to be a very good player by most standards.
However as far as players who have played with any regularity over the past two seasons for us I would say he is the weakest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.