Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Colins Bellend said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.
The trouble is he is compared to the excellent Clichy.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.
Pissed myself at this," His crossing is phenomenal" 1in every 10
"Play him on the left side of a back 5 " So the other four defenders could cover his slow arse. "There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year"
Probably because he played in a FA Cup or League winning side for an English Prem team

Pissed myself at this.
"1 in every 10" If this even was the case, I'd love to see Clichy's stats.
"So the other four defenders could cover his slow arse" Erm, yeah. That's the idea of a back 5; so the full-backs can concentrate on attacking.
"Probably because he played in a FA Cup or League winning side for an English Prem team" If this is genuinely what you believe, then I'm done.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Colins Bellend said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.
Pissed myself at this," His crossing is phenomenal" 1in every 10
"Play him on the left side of a back 5 " So the other four defenders could cover his slow arse. "There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year"
Probably because he played in a FA Cup or League winning side for an English Prem team

Pissed myself at this.
"1 in every 10" If this even was the case, I'd love to see Clichy's stats.
"So the other four defenders could cover his slow arse" Erm, yeah. That's the idea of a back 5; so the full-backs can concentrate on attacking.
"Probably because he played in a FA Cup or League winning side for an English Prem team" If this is genuinely what you believe, then I'm done.
No ones questioning Clichy,i think you mean 3 5 2 and yes if he wasnt part of a winning squad in England he wouldnt win an egg and spoon race

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
oakiecokie said:
The biggest NO in the world.Shite and I don`t think as a player I can disuss anything positive about the lad.The odd free kick may go in,but thats about it.

Everytime he starts I say to myself "Kolarov is playing-we are fucked" and 99% of the time I am right. I'd love to know the actual stats of us winning when he starts.

-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

You can't be serious-seriously???

I can't remember a player who has played for us with a left foot as good as him.

If he hadn't have scored the equaliser against Sunderland in the 3-3, we would have never won the league.

Given he has such a good left foot, it infuriates me that he turns in onto his right foot quite a bit, which is far inferior to his left. Also, doesn't possess any pace with which to gain a yard on the opposing full back. For me, a defender has to be able to defend first and attack second. For this reason I don't rate him as a left-back.

I'm not saying he is Barca quality in my next sentence just that their old system would suit him.

They would move up the line in some form of triangle giving and taking and when we did that we pushed forward well with him.
However that relies on the midfielders helping being on their game and doing it a lot.
He is always aware of players around him and can play that game up the line well imo.

tl;dr
Rate him but we have utilized him badly imo.

TCIB said:
Rate him but we have utilized him badly imo.

I think it's more that he's not suited to how we play. Good player but poor signing for City.

Kolorov is a shit defender. No question.

He contributed 1 goal and 3 assists for all these he is good going forward fans.

Whilst that ain't great, neither are clichy's attacking stats either, he is a better defender but poor going forward. Baines stats piss all over both of them from an attacking point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.