Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

For a team trying to break into the top 4 or 5 he's more than good enough, but for a team trying to break into the top 1 and play in the CL quarter finals+ then he's not quite there.

Can play very well, but is just not consistent enough, especially against the top sides.

Comedically yes.

Also....

He did put off Berbetov enough to stop the rags from going ahead early in the 6-1 and for that, he has my gratitude. Also, the incredible free kick resulting in a goal in the Derby game when Vinnie got sent off.

As always, we judge people/footballers by their worst moments and rarely remember when they were at their best.

He's good, but we're going further than that, so he needs to step up.

Yeah decent backup. Can cover left back on left midfield. Our best free kick taker.

Rather lose Maicon and Garcia any day.

ive not been overly impressed , for example away at napoli several defensive clangers one after another. however it is possible given his crossing ability that we have been misusing him , my guess is he plays pretty well as a wing back in a 3 5 2 , probably why italian sides are after him.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
oakiecokie said:
The biggest NO in the world.Shite and I don`t think as a player I can disuss anything positive about the lad.The odd free kick may go in,but thats about it.

Everytime he starts I say to myself "Kolarov is playing-we are fucked" and 99% of the time I am right. I'd love to know the actual stats of us winning when he starts.

-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.
The trouble is he is compared to the excellent Clichy.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.

You can't be serious-seriously???

I can't remember a player who has played for us with a left foot as good as him.

If he hadn't have scored the equaliser against Sunderland in the 3-3, we would have never won the league.

There again if we'd had someone who could defend playing instead we might not have conceded three in the first place? A couple of players I can remember with as good as left feet who have played for us. Hincliffe, Peter Barnes and Peter Beagrie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.