Does Badly Drawn Boy think its a funeral?

As was said previously, 40,000+ people in the stadium will have different tastes in music, some like BDB's style of music and some do not ........... but to be fair what City were trying to do was to have bands on that have City fans as members. Damon Gough is a season ticket holder at City and is there week in week out (tours permitting). I see him at most of the home games (he sits in 231) and he is passionate about City.

I'd rather have BDB playing than "The Wanted" ...... but that's just my opinion.

I'd imagine if Watford did the same type of thing , they'd really have a good reason to moan ........ not really a big fan of hair implants.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
As was said previously, 40,000+ people in the stadium will have different tastes in music, some like BDB's style of music and some do not ........... but to be fair what City were trying to do was to have bands on that have City fans as members. Damon Gough is a season ticket holder at City and is there week in week out (tours permitting). I see him at most of the home games (he sits in 231) and he is passionate about City.

I'd rather have BDB playing than "The Wanted" ...... but that's just my opinion.

I'd imagine if Watford did the same type of thing , they'd really have a good reason to moan ........ not really a big fan of hair implants.

The problem wasn't BDB, it's music in general. It isn't just about City, the whole world seem to have this obsession with music in opportune places/.

I love music. I used to be in a band. I followed bands for years and have made records.

But if I want to listen to music I'll go to a gig, or turn the lights down, light up a spliff and bang a CD on. These days you're sitting by the pool on holiday and some knob seems to think you need Cafe Del Mar on to get you in the mood. You're sitting in a pub and they are blaring out handbag house. And you go to the football and you can't talk or sing becuase some cheeseball thinks you "get in the mood" by listrneing to some irrelevant shite.

Even Badly Drawn Boy fans will know that asking him to sing wasnt a good choice as his songs would never fit the occasion. Saying that he could have picked a couple of upbeat songs.

The Wanted would have been ace and the smarmy one is a blue as well.

Pigeonho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I posted last week about this. Music and football crowds do not mix. Remember the shambles after the last game at Maine road? People are not here to listen to karaoke indie music
That was an embarrassment. I was in the North Stand that day, right next to the Southampton fans who, bizarrely, stayed behind too. As soon as the 'live' music started I felt my arse tighten up with cringe. I turned my head to the left to gauge the opinion of our southern friends and as expected, there was a few sniggers going on. At that point I followed the lead of thousands of other blues and left the stadium, sadly for the last time. Saying that though, the goings on in the Claremont was just as pathetic, (Blues bottling buses, throwing bottles randomly into the air). As well as the defeat, that sadly is my last memory of Maine Road after 15 years of going there.

Bang on, I was also in the North stand that day and it was indeed cringeworthy.

Colins Bellend said:
Seosa said:
Colins Bellend said:
Sorry did I upset you

In Salford - Rag Territory

Nobheads - Calling other Blues nobheads, tit

Trafford Rangers - Its Stretford Celtic
Your point being prick

Whooooh, whooh fella's .... come on FFS ........ next thing you know one of you will be punching the other for a scarf or something .........

I really enjoyed Badly Drawn Boy. Though Kid British were shit.

'Please, please, please' is an absolute anthem, and relevent to the situation. I'm pretty sure I posted it up here a few months ago re: what you'd like to have played at the final whistle if/when we win something.

Thought the acoustic version of 'I wanna be adored' was spot on as well.

We're a Mancunian club and he played two great Mancunian tunes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.