Does Badly Drawn Boy think its a funeral?

What I did like was the total non-reaction to Kid British, they're feckin' awful

Personally I thought he was very good - loved his rendition of "I wanna be adored", and "Born in the UK" was a great track too.
Add to that he's a big blue and a really nice bloke too!

PistonBlue said:
Project said:
This indie lark is the only drawback of supporting the club. My God it's awful, and w are constantly subjected to it.

What would you prefer, out of interest?

Just seems like a lot of moaning about what was a free event that the club didn't need to stage. (not just aimed at you btw)

For me I wasn't really complaining about the free event. I attended and enjoyed it. But the music in general played at the club. Whether it is the Umbro playlist, songs before the game and at half time, artists we invite to perform... the scope of music played is extremely narrow.

I'm not one to subject my own tastes on everyone else.. but a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss....or heaven forbid something a little upbeat.

I for one would love a player to choose a pre match song each week. Some of the stuff in the dressing room video was superb (the African sounding beat Jo was dancing to).

Kid British rappin not sure that went down to well the group that came on did Blue Moon got the crowd up and singing then on comes Badly drawn boy with music to commit suicide by and dampened the mood off, i think just needed upbeat songs everybody knew to get the crowd bouncin,still it was more about the cup and lap of honour than a pop concert.

Pigeonho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I posted last week about this. Music and football crowds do not mix. Remember the shambles after the last game at Maine road? People are not here to listen to karaoke indie music
That was an embarrassment. I was in the North Stand that day, right next to the Southampton fans who, bizarrely, stayed behind too. As soon as the 'live' music started I felt my arse tighten up with cringe. I turned my head to the left to gauge the opinion of our southern friends and as expected, there was a few sniggers going on. At that point I followed the lead of thousands of other blues and left the stadium, sadly for the last time. Saying that though, the goings on in the Claremont was just as pathetic, (Blues bottling buses, throwing bottles randomly into the air). As well as the defeat, that sadly is my last memory of Maine Road after 15 years of going there.

Mate, it was awful. I can remember my 60 odd year old dad just stood there thinking "what am I doing here?".

The frustrating thing is that the parade of legends before the game, when everyone was in the pub, woul;d have been great after.

Best of all, a good old Maine Road pitch invasion like we'd been having every other year up to then. The club put the kibosh on that with repeated warnings that all entertainment would be cancelled if there was a pitch invasion (Oasis were rumoured then too) and a huge ring of stewards. What was the point? The place got torn down a few weeks later and we had a proud history of end of season pitch dancing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.