Does Badly Drawn Boy think its a funeral?

mrt4919 said:
Who ever structured the music at the ground tonight wants to be told that a celebrating football crowd just want happy radio 2 style sing a long stuff not the pretentious tosh we were bombarded with tonight.
Badly drawn Boy......... give me strength the guy had about as much personality as a glove puppet.
Forgot the clowns who were on before just loud and boring.
Who ever is paid to orginise the entertainment is taking money by false pretenses.
Its badly out of touch with what most fans wanted and shows no understanding or empathy with the support. Doubt if he would get work on Pheonix Nights.
Fire the useless clown and pay a proffesional to orginise the next one who understands the dynamics of entertaining a crowd out to enjoy themselves.

It was free.

BDB was clearly an attempt at City style self deprecating humour. At a party like that most people wouldn´t get it. I suppose Damon was just told to turn up and get on with it - fair play to him

Didsbury Dave said:
I posted last week about this. Music and football crowds do not mix. Remember the shambles after the last game at Maine road? People are not here to listen to karaoke indie music
That was an embarrassment. I was in the North Stand that day, right next to the Southampton fans who, bizarrely, stayed behind too. As soon as the 'live' music started I felt my arse tighten up with cringe. I turned my head to the left to gauge the opinion of our southern friends and as expected, there was a few sniggers going on. At that point I followed the lead of thousands of other blues and left the stadium, sadly for the last time. Saying that though, the goings on in the Claremont was just as pathetic, (Blues bottling buses, throwing bottles randomly into the air). As well as the defeat, that sadly is my last memory of Maine Road after 15 years of going there.

The cover of I Wanna Be Adored was quality, not arsed about the Smiths songs

What a pisser. The orange faced girls and tracky bottoms in socks brigade don't like Chorllton's finest. Tough shit, write to the club and see if they can book Lady Gaga or Dj Talent next year, dem r sic and dutty star !

the kippax wall said:
What a pisser. The orange faced girls and tracky bottoms in socks brigade don't like Chorllton's finest. Tough shit, write to the club and see if they can book Lady Gaga or Dj Talent next year, dem r sic and dutty star !

Chorltons finest!!!!!! He might live in Chorlton but he was born in Dunstable and grew up in Bolton. I don't believe he was a blue since birth but thats irrelevalent as he is a blue now. However the fact remaions he is not from Chorlton and he is bobbins as well.

Didn't cost you anything isn't the same as free.

The music helps to frame the event. Thats why it's played

The artists were OK, the music OK, just the wrong playlist for what was meant as celebration and yes again its 2011.

You see it more, when the 3 selections thing were being made, the decision makers must have been at college during the 'What the Story' album and this is reflected in the musical choices made, pay respects to this, but move on.

They needed to be on the Royton party coaches on the way back to get a sense of what might have been required, not my taste but gets people going.

I feel a club survey coming on.

Chorltons finest? Born in Dunstable, grew up in Bolton--moving to Chorlton doesn't exactly make him Manchester through and through.
the kippax wall said:

Roger Ringpiece said:
Chorltons finest? Born in Dunstable, grew up in Bolton--moving to Chorlton doesn't exactly make him Manchester through and through.
the kippax wall said:

Very true he wasn't born in Chorlton and I didn't say he was Manc through and through, but as Ian Brown once said 'It's not where you're from, it's where you're at'. As for him being bobbins, well I suppose it's all down to your own personal taste. For me give me BDB, Doves, Gallaghers etc over the usual dirge pumped out at finals, 'rocking all over the world', 'we are the champions' and that Black Eyed Peas shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.