Does Gary Cook understand this club?

christen at St Marks said:
Thanks mods for the re-title, I was out of order passion of the moment.

A little ;-)

Actually, the main reason I changed it was so that it would be evident what the post was about to prevent duplicate threads.

I must say ol' Cookie is very adept at making himself look a giant tit.

We all know the man tries his best, but he really should think before he takes that enormous masonry block of a chin for a wobble.

Every non blue I've spoken to who happens to know of Cook thinks he's a grade A twat - and who can blame them?

I just wish he's do a little research before he tries to pigeon hole us all, and makes these ignorant generic blanket statements...

They're fucking embarrassing.

Off the top of my head I could reel off dozens of examples of ignorant shite that's rolled off his tongue, but I won't... because that wouldn't be constructive - and I'd be here all fucking day!

However, I will say that Garry should give up on trying to be some sort of sky blue Mancunian ambassador for the "global market" - as he's clearly not very good at it.

I'd just like him to do a little research, keep his head down, and forget about trying to get in the limelight every 5 minutes.

Gary Cook is bang on with his comments it's time we moved on and confined the 'typical city' tag to the dustbin of history.

Yes the CTiD tag is a way of us expressing our lifelong devotion to the club but GC is right why should little kids with a bright future ahead of them be singing about dying it is an overtly negative song with negative connotations.

Well said Gary Cook !!

Re: Does this tosser understand this club?

Wheelsy said:
Okay, as a non-Manc blue I'll try to sum as best as I can.

"Typical City" is not really being embarassed by mistakes, it's the ability of the club to always fuck up something easy, and at the same time, always pull off the impossible.
TC is coming from 2-0 down in the second division in the 90th minute.
TC is being knocked out of the FA Cup by fecking balloons.
TC is coming from 0-3 down with ten men to win 4-3.
TC is being the richest club in the world but still finding a way to lose to West Brom.
TC describes the worst of times, but conversely, the best of times.

"City 'til I Die" is just that. It's saying I am, and will be a Blue until the day I die. Not stop and follow another team because we got relegated. What's wrong with saying CTID?

made me chuckle, is that because its true?

Re: Does this tosser understand this club?

Wheelsy said:
Okay, as a non-Manc blue I'll try to sum as best as I can.

"Typical City" is not really being embarassed by mistakes, it's the ability of the club to always fuck up something easy, and at the same time, always pull off the impossible.
TC is coming from 2-0 down in the second division in the 90th minute.
TC is being knocked out of the FA Cup by fecking balloons.
TC is coming from 0-3 down with ten men to win 4-3.
TC is being the richest club in the world but still finding a way to lose to West Brom.
TC describes the worst of times, but conversely, the best of times.

"City 'til I Die" is just that. It's saying I am, and will be a Blue until the day I die. Not stop and follow another team because we got relegated. What's wrong with saying CTID?

made me chuckle, is that because its true?

I kinda like my City to be the way they are, our complete ineptness in simple situations is a calm reassurance that the club is still what we've known all our lives.

OK I'd like success, but it just wouldn't be the club we know and love if we didn't win a trophy, then drop it on the floor shortly afterwards.

Getting into the UEFA Cup through the Fair Play League, then nearly getting to the final after scraping through 2 penalty shootuts. That's typical City, and that's what I like about us.

As for the CTID comment. There is no prouder phrase I can use to describe my feeling towards City. I'm not planning on dying soon, but you can bet I'll still be humming Blue Moon on my death bed, and I'm proud of that fact.

Re: DOE'S THIS TOSSER UNDERSTAND THIS CLUB

PistonBlue said:
Think you're being a bit sensitive tbh.

He might have got the CTID wrong, to me it's just a statement of our loyalty. GC is maybe a little wide of the mark but I can see where he's coming from though. Maybe it was born out failure, ie 'I don't care how shit we get, I'll always be a Blue' for instance.

He's spot on about 'typical City' though. We've all said it at some point or another but it is a negative phrase if you think about it.

It's good that GC and the boys are trying to change the whole perception of the Club, how others see us, and perhaps more importantly how we see ourselves.

This I like - he did make mistake on the CTID but he is trying to make us a successful club without losing the fanbase and it is very difficult. We all need to give him a break.

*singingtheblues* said:
I must say ol' Cookie is very adept at making himself look a giant tit.

We all know the man tries his best, but he really should think before he takes that enormous masonry block of a chin for a wobble.

Every non blue I've spoken to who happens to know of Cook thinks he's a grade A twat - and who can blame them?

I just wish he's do a little research before he tries to pigeon hole us all, and makes these ignorant generic blanket statements...

They're fucking embarrassing.

Off the top of my head I could reel off dozens of examples of ignorant shite that's rolled off his tongue, but I won't... because that wouldn't be constructive - and I'd be here all fucking day!

However, I will say that Garry should give up on trying to be some sort of sky blue Mancunian ambassador for the "global market" - as he's clearly not very good at it.

I'd just like him to do a little research, keep his head down, and forget about trying to get in the limelight every 5 minutes.

What an absolute load of bollocks.

Anybody that has had the opportunity to meet Gary Cook, whether it be in a Danish bar, or at a fans forum will tell you that he is a class bloke.

How does he court publicity ?? FFS he has given an interview to the clubs new website to try and explain that the club are trying to lose their typical city tag.

He got heavily critisized after the kaka deal for his comments when he got back. But who can blame him. Milan treated him like a **** and he was pissed off that he was made to look a fool by the Milan bullshit pr machine. Since then he has chosen his words better. But I wouldnt swap him for any other chief exec.

His job is to try and get City's name out there. We are trying to sign players that under normal circumstances wouldnt want to join us, so we have to try and boost our profile.

Anybody else saying they would rather keep the typical city tag really should see a fuckin doctor, cause Ive done that shit for 30 years. Now its payback time for all those typical city moments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.