Does Mancini have the balls?

He played half a season with somebody elses team, which was weak as piss in midfield and all over the shop at the back and a single attacking tactic to press high up the pitch and hit on the counter. He had to resort to play 3 defensive midfielders to protect his weak full backs and due to the lack of any other type of central midfielder at the club. and still got us to withing a ****'s hair of a champions league spot. If we'd of got Mancini in beggining of November instead of end of December, we'd have pissed it.

He's addressed last seasons short comings by adding two fullbacks, a box to box and a creative midfielder. With the probabilty of adding a unique attacking talent and a versatile box to box midfielder he's got all the tools he could need at his disposal.

This is Mancini. He'll play Kompany in defensive midfield with Vieira, De Jong and Yaya Toure. That leaves Kolo free to play in defence.

masterwig said:
This is Mancini. He'll play Kompany in defensive midfield with Vieira, De Jong and Yaya Toure. That leaves Kolo free to play in defence.
If that win us games PLEASE do..

masterwig said:

Remind me again how many times Kompany played as a defensive midfielder last season?

Talking of the defense, does anyone like Boyata? I believe he could be good.

Does Mancini have the balls? He knows how to spend, but does he know how to win in the Premier League? We have had over 4 hours of football in the US and scored just one 'open play' goal. I know he had youngsters playing and several good chances were missed but I have the feeling that his mindset is still wrong.
The match against Inter, might tell us more.

If I am being totally honest, I still think our defence needs strengthening further if we want to win the title. It might be now good enough to challenge for CL, but we still lack a top centre half.

Lescott = ok
Kompany = best of the bunch
Toure = best days are behind him, prone to a mistake
Richards = brain dead
Kolarov = not known, but looks more promising going forward
Boateng = looked good in the WC, but likely to play at RB I think
Boyata = promising

Which means it still will be two from Lescott, Kompany and Toure (Boyata might get cup games) and I still think this centre back partnership won't be feared by Chelsea and Utd. They aren't comanding enough, and disciplined enough.

Not sure whether we will spend any more on the defence now, but I would have made a top drawer centre back more of a priority than a centre forward<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 am --<br /><br />Add to that Bridge = well actually, let's not add him. AVERAGE

Didn't Mancini bench Toure last season?

I'm sure he did, was definitely a home game, i remember him warming up infront of me.

Infact i think he did it twice and Kompany partnered Lescott.

gio's side step said:
If I am being totally honest, I still think our defence needs strengthening further if we want to win the title. It might be now good enough to challenge for CL, but we still lack a top centre half.

Lescott = ok
Richards = brain dead
Boyata = promising

Which means it still will be two from Lescott, Kompany and Toure (Boyata might get cup games) and I still think this centre back partnership won't be feared by Chelsea and Utd. They aren't comanding enough, and disciplined enough.

Not sure whether we will spend any more on the defence now, but I would have made a top drawer centre back more of a priority than a centre forward

-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 am --

Add to that Bridge = well actually, let's not add him. AVERAGE

luiz is the answer

LYNX said:
gio's side step said:

Lescott = ok
Richards = brain dead
Boyata = promising

Not sure whether we will spend any more on the defence now, but I would have made a top drawer centre back more of a priority than a centre forward

-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 am --

Add to that Bridge = well actually, let's not add him. AVERAGE

luiz is the answer

not for 33 mill he isn't

it is a concern that he perceveres with toure he has no leadership qualitys sadly lacking against mobile forwards and got an head like a jublee in the fact the ball goes up instead of out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.