Does this forum reflect our matchgoing support?

Ric said:
Ducado said:
stony said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk</a>

Statistics Summary for bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk

There are 60,950 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Bluemoon. Compared with all internet users, the site appeals more to men; its audience also tends to consist of both uneducated and highly educated, childless users under the age of 45 who have incomes under $100,000. Search engines refer about 17% of visits to it. The site's visitors view an average of 9.3 unique pages per day. Bluemoon can be found in the “Manchester City” category.

-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm --

After the UK most of our visitors come from Pakistan 9.8% which is a surprise to me to be honest

The Alexa stats are completely inaccurate, in pretty much every respect. In fact, I'll give a prize (not sure what yet) to anyone who can name the top ten countries our traffic comes from, in the correct order. There's a challenge for you.

To help you on your way, 78% of the traffic comes from the UK (I could break it down city by city if I could be arsed).

Back to the original question, personally I think Bluemoon doesn't really reflect our matchgoing support in terms of actual demographics, but I think there's a sizeable enough number of people on here that it gives you a decent feel of what the fans are thinking.

Obviously on particular issues it can be miles out, but generally you get a feel for the zeitgeist of the club. In fact, using that phrase probably alienates this site from about 87.6% of match going blues...

Top 10
UK
Ireland
USA
India
Pakistan
Bosnia
Spain
Italy
Germany
Nigeria
Canada

MCC said:
Ric said:
Ducado said:
-- Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm --

After the UK most of our visitors come from Pakistan 9.8% which is a surprise to me to be honest

The Alexa stats are completely inaccurate, in pretty much every respect. In fact, I'll give a prize (not sure what yet) to anyone who can name the top ten countries our traffic comes from, in the correct order. There's a challenge for you.

To help you on your way, 78% of the traffic comes from the UK (I could break it down city by city if I could be arsed).

Back to the original question, personally I think Bluemoon doesn't really reflect our matchgoing support in terms of actual demographics, but I think there's a sizeable enough number of people on here that it gives you a decent feel of what the fans are thinking.

Obviously on particular issues it can be miles out, but generally you get a feel for the zeitgeist of the club. In fact, using that phrase probably alienates this site from about 87.6% of match going blues...

Top 10
UK
Ireland
USA
India
Pakistan
Bosnia
Spain
Italy
Germany
Nigeria
Canada

In terms of correct positions, you got 1/10. But you got 7/10 countries correct.

I'd say about 50/50.

At Valencia/Villareal I met about 30 blues who's name I knew and could strike up a reasonable conversation with. Know enough to ask about work, family, mutual friends etc.

There was 3 or 4 who I know from outside BM and from being on BM.
The rest was a pretty even split.
Although its easy to say "Hello Sue" to "Bluebird1" with her name on the shirt and identify "Ric" when he's dragging "De Niro" to his feet after a drunken stumble (BEFORE EVEN GETTING ON THE COACH).

On here, there's probably a bit of knee jerk, because it's open to shit-stirrers, interlopers, rags etc.

You'd have to be pretty grim to pay good money, to come out with similar shite opinions in person at the ground.

J4FOW said:
Nope. Some good stuff on here but overstocked with herberts claiming to be king of all City fans based on how many posts they've got/when they joined/how blue their underpants are
brilliant haha.

no i dont think it does at all. say munich at a game and say munich on here you will get very different reactions. alot on here wanted manchini sacking but he always got great backing at games.

cant spell-dont care said:
no i dont think it does at all. say munich at a game and say munich on here you will get very different reactions. alot on here wanted manchini sacking but he always got great backing at games.

The Munich I'll give you but not the mancini bit, whilst some were disgruntled there was 2 or 3 tops on here wanted him sacked.

Considering how different our away fans is to our home fans I'm tempted to ask, reflect which support?

It seems more likely that Bluemoon would reflect our away fans but Blluemoon has never been as pro Mancini as the away fans. Perhaps its basically the away fans mixed in with the younger fans that cant get to away matches?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.