Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he wants to leave this window despite us wanting to sell him. No club seems interested in meeting his wage demands. We'll probably just keep him on as some sort of backup-backup and he'll sit out his remaining contract.

He, like several other players have no future at the club. Yaya should leave now with his head held high and find the best club he can. But, I keep thinking with Yaya that he's been listening to his agent too much again, telling him how good he still is and how he's worth the reputed 230k a week he's fleecing us for. A Chinese club will take him and pay him the same(according to the press) but he doesn't want to go. Who else will pay his wage demands in Europe? Exactly!!!.

Don't think he wants to leave this window despite us wanting to sell him. No club seems interested in meeting his wage demands. We'll probably just keep him on as some sort of backup-backup and he'll sit out his remaining contract.
Thing is, with the work we are doing financially, we can now probably afford to let him stew. The manager has little pressure to play him and anyone doing this will find that they will just be ignored and fade into obscurity.

His agent may recognise this and try to stir things up but I think we've already shown with Selchuck and Jorabchian that the way we handle this behaviour only results in more egg on the face of the player.

I was told numerous times last season that the team couldn't function, couldn't retain possession, had no one to link our defence to our attack and would be far worse without Yaya Toure. Yesterday we had 10 players in the starting line-up who were available last season (John Stones being the only exception) and yet we managed to do all of the above and more. We outrun, outfought and outplayed a very good Stoke team in difficult conditions and we played as a team without Yaya's ego dominating, distracting and weakening the team on and off the pitch. We were accommodating him last year, well we have been for the last 2/3 years really and Pep will prove as he always has done that the team comes before any player.

My hatred towards Yaya comes from his off the field behaviour but many were claiming that was clouding my judgement about his on pitch contribution, hopefully now people will we see it wasn't and that we're a far better team without him.

Window is closing. Are we keeping him? He looks lean as has ever been, slightly gauntly for his standards, but is increasingly on the field like a Yaya past his prime. One of the best players to ever put on the City shirt but is now a shadow of his true self. The game on Sunday made me realise that we no longer need a Yaya type player because we have utility player Fernandinho who tracks back, presses, runs and scores. We always say when he switches it on he's unplayable, but he rarely does it now.

He, like several other players have no future at the club. Yaya should leave now with his head held high and find the best club he can. But, I keep thinking with Yaya that he's been listening to his agent too much again, telling him how good he still is and how he's worth the reputed 230k a week he's fleecing us for. A Chinese club will take him and pay him the same(according to the press) but he doesn't want to go. Who else will pay his wage demands in Europe? Exactly!!!.
Has nothing to do with his agent. He simply want to get paid what he is owed. I see no problem with that. He is fleecing us no more than Joe is going to Torino and for us to still pick up about 65 percent of his tab.

Funny enough though many here are quick to call players they don't like fleecing us for staying or not wanting to reduce their wage to go somewhere else. Yet a good number of those same people are happy Joe didn't have to reduce his wage coz he earned it.

It's a bit of a double standard if you ask me. Personally, I believe any all players who we'vedigned to contracts have no obligation to reduce their bill. I wouldn't. Ever.

If he is happy to stay then I have no problem with him staying irrespective of how much game time he will get.

Same goes for any other player in a similar situation.

Even though we have a squad of 23 currently including the likes of Mangala , Nasri and Bony we only need a few injuries and these players start to become personnel we have to consider playing.

Has nothing to do with his agent. He simply want to get paid what he is owed. I see no problem with that. He is fleecing us no more than Joe is going to Torino and for us to still pick up about 65 percent of his tab.

Funny enough though many here are quick to call players they don't like fleecing us for staying or not wanting to reduce their wage to go somewhere else. Yet a good number of those same people are happy Joe didn't have to reduce his wage coz he earned it.

It's a bit of a double standard if you ask me. Personally, I believe any all players who we'vedigned to contracts have no obligation to reduce their bill. I wouldn't. Ever.
And neither would I. Good honest post Dax.

Has nothing
good post in my opinion. The problem, however, in this scenario, is that the player (and there could be a few of them) can either be a force for good or evil in the dressing room. If the former, then his experience and football skills could be a good influence to our younger players and his wages could be put to good use. I have my opinion on his (and his agent's) motives. Only time will tell. A good egg is always a welcome snack but a bad apple.......,,,,.

Yaya does have a role. He has a few actually. Turkey & stuffing, Cheese & pickle, chicken & mayo. Followed by a big slice of black forest gateau.

Seriously I can understand why we're not pushing this. He's got one year left, he's on big money, he's 33 and he's clearly in no rush to go anywhere. Plus he looks shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.