Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Toure last season was the worst aspect of Pellegrini's tenure and sent a bad message to the rest of the squad.

Now Toure is trying to improve. I hope it is not too late for him

I think Joe Hart has a better chance of playing for city again than yaya toure. I think he'll go on loan to another prem club near or on deadline day

Yaya has incredible ability and skill. If he can lose weight and shows the right application in training, I would like to think Pep could find him a role. Possibly off the bench. Yaya can score goals and thread passes that others can't. I'm sure his agent's comments have irritated Pep but hopefully he won't hold grudges and will play Yaya if he puts the effort in.

It is what it is with Toure. 6' 2", 14.5 stones and 34 years old next birthday, if he does have a future with us we have a ready made ball playing CB who won't be expected to be doing 60-70 yard shuttle runs up and down the pitch all match in the PL.

Pellegrini absolutely wasted and misused so many players during his tenure and using Nasri and Silva as wingers perfectly illustrated how clueless the man was. I hope Pep can bring himself to wipe the slate clean and judge the likes of Yaya and Nasri on how they react to him rather than their previous history especially under Manuel.

If neither has a future under Pep then so be it, but there's a big part of me that wishes they're both still here after the window shuts so their undoubted talents can be used to full effect during the coming season. It's gonna be a long hard slog this season and aside from Silva, Nasri and Yaya are the 2 best ball players we have albeit their attitudes stink 'allegedly'.

No role....the laziest player ive seen off the ball. If he stays its because he has no viable options financially elsewhere. Notice the slimmer Yaya this season? He took the pi## last year turning up overweight +20kg, wasnt fit till Christmas. How this is even a topic amazes. Harsh I know but true. Having said all that Yaya has been my favourite player and won us tophies in the past no doubt and believe he can do a job elsewhere.....but watch him sit it out for a few extra million on top of the tens of millions he's earnt and allow his agent to spew more bile ! !

no room for sentiment here, yes he could do a job at city with the league cup games and certain other fixtures like next week, other than that its thanks Yaya now it's time to move on,,,if we want to be up there then i'm afraid we have to be ruthless and point at the door, it's the end of an era at city we are now in transformation to some degree
I would agree but i dont think Pep waste competitive pitch time....he'll use younger fitter less experienced players to see improvement. This bodes well for city future prospects, whether used in first team or sold in as their value increase with first team game time.

No role....the laziest player ive seen off the ball. If he stays its because he has no viable options financially elsewhere. Notice the slimmer Yaya this season? He took the pi## last year turning up overweight +20kg, wasnt fit till Christmas. How this is even a topic amazes. Harsh I know but true. Having said all that Yaya has been my favourite player and won us tophies in the past no doubt and believe he can do a job elsewhere.....but watch him sit it out for a few extra million on top of the tens of millions he's earnt and allow his agent to spew more bile ! !
Yea. He was clearly taking the piss last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.