Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, another thread where we all get to slag off past city players and winners.

He isnt right for the team now, in the past though we WOULD NOT have won anything without him in the team. City fans should remember that.

Sorry but just am seeing way to many negative City fans who come out of the corners having a go at players who Pep doesnt choose or like.

Am totally confused as to why he is staying though.... I hope he gets a chaance to have a last farewell game at least.

I do as well mate,and hopefully he will get a better send off than his mate Nasri did

He isnt right for the team now, in the past though we WOULD NOT have won anything without him in the team. City fans should remember that.

Sorry but just am seeing way to many negative City fans who come out of the corners having a go at players who Pep doesnt choose or like.

Am totally confused as to why he is staying though.... I hope he gets a chaance to have a last farewell game at least.
Fans do remember what he's done for us - hence the reason we all say how important he's been in our success. You mustn't have been reading this forum for the last 18 months if you think people are having a go just because Pep doesn't fancy him. In fact, you thinking that is bigger bollocks than anything I've read on this thread.
There's a good reason the likes of Aguero/Silva/Zaba and Kompany are thought of so highly by the vast majority and it's not all to do with what they have done on the pitch for us.

He wasn't right for the team last season either but the coach was unable to see that, as were 99% of fans.

he's better than fernando.
can dictate play, great passing range and vision.
i'm not sure about his off the ball thing under Pep.
but i hope there's improvement about his workrate.

2 roles for Yaya, as I see it.

1. He could quite easily play the deep lying midfielder role, when required.

2. Sub for last 30 when we need a goal.

2 roles for Yaya, as I see it.

1. He could quite easily play the deep lying midfielder role, when required.

2. Sub for last 30 when we need a goal.
Well he's here for the time being regardless so we might as well utilise him in some capacity.
I said last season that option 2 would be great for us but wasn't sure if his ego would take that. It seems he's got no choice in the matter now we've finally got a manager unwilling to indulge him.

Fans do remember what he's done for us - hence the reason we all say how important he's been in our success. You mustn't have been reading this forum for the last 18 months if you think people are having a go just because Pep doesn't fancy him. In fact, you thinking that is bigger bollocks than anything I've read on this thread.
There's a good reason the likes of Aguero/Silva/Zaba and Kompany are thought of so highly by the vast majority and it's not all to do with what they have done on the pitch for us.
I been here and reading and even moaning about him. But this is a that is now a goodbye topic, like Joe Hart. And the nonsense I am reading........ bad apple, taking the piss for two seasons, have no respect for him, hatred for him. It's not the way to say goodbye to our players, that is how we treat pplayers who have won us things?

Minority of people but I do wonder why they are city fans if they have much dislike of our key players

He has been instrumental to our success over the period of time that he has been with us.
Clearly over the last 18 months or so there has been a physical decline, and what appears to be a decline in his mental attitude towards the game.
This decline along with his huge wages makes him unattractive to virtually every other club, however we as a club are obliged to honour his contract,quite correctly so.
He is still at the club and it looks certain that he will not be a regular starter in Peps system.
I will say though that he still had the ability to be a game changer from the bench, I would therefore expect him to be named in both the PL and CL squads.
With this in mind I would certainly have him in the match day squad for Old Trafford, 20 mins to go in a tight match perfect for a Yaya cameo.......

I been here and reading and even moaning about him. But this is a that is now a goodbye topic, like Joe Hart. And the nonsense I am reading........ bad apple, taking the piss for two seasons, have no respect for him, hatred for him. It's not the way to say goodbye to our players, that is how we treat pplayers who have won us things?

Minority of people but I do wonder why they are city fans if they have much dislike of our key players
His agent is a big reason for fans turning against him. As well as 'Cake Gate,' using his brothers death as a reason to dig out the club and his several lacklustre performances on the pitch. These things add up so its no surprise he's not thought of as highly as he should be considering what a great player he was in his prime.

He has been instrumental to our success over the period of time that he has been with us.
Clearly over the last 18 months or so there has been a physical decline, and what appears to be a decline in his mental attitude towards the game.
This decline along with his huge wages makes him unattractive to virtually every other club, however we as a club are obliged to honour his contract,quite correctly so.
He is still at the club and it looks certain that he will not be a regular starter in Peps system.
I will say though that he still had the ability to be a game changer from the bench, I would therefore expect him to be named in both the PL and CL squads.
With this in mind I would certainly have him in the match day squad for Old Trafford, 20 mins to go in a tight match perfect for a Yaya cameo.......

I would have thought he was ideal for when we need to calm it down and keep hold of the ball. He is also good at defending set pieces with his height, another useful tool when teams are desperate for a goal. We are a team of short arses in general so he could still prove useful. Time will tell though. He looked good in the Arsenal friendly I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.