Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see the back of him now.
Other than greed,there was no reason for him to stay beyond this summer - surely,at his stage of life,playing football should have been the priority?

A shame its ending like this.
Not for a mercenary like him.

Clearly he is not one of the 'most'. Well that was easy :)
Mino didn't get his big pay for Pogba by slagging of Juve for years.

I can't think of any other agent/player combo that would even think they open the market place by slagging off their current club for a number of years.

Mino didn't get his big pay for Pogba by slagging of Juve for years.

I can't think of any other agent/player combo that would even think they open the market place by slagging off their current club for a number of years.
That's because it never happens. Dax is having a nightmare on this. Fortunately he's in the minority of about one.

Fernandinho believes Yaya's defensive work rate may explain why Pep left him out of the Champions League squad.
Fernandinho tells ESPN Brasil that everyone knows about Yaya's quality on the ball, but he lacks a little defensively.

Strange how things change very quickly. 2 years ago i couldn't really imagine the side without Yaya and was dreading him leaving. Now i don't give him much of a second thought when thinking what side will play on saturday, he has become completely insignificant to our future success.

I do however think its a real shame how his legacy at City has been effected by all the BS his agent has come out with. He was immense during both our second title seasons yet he may well be remembered for all the crap his agent spreads.

This will never happen imo

Despite his agent's comments, Yaya Toure wants to prove himself to Pep Guardiola this year and earn a new contract at City. [Daily Mail]
Toure has vowed to do everything in his powers to convince Guardiola that he can still make an impact in the first team. [Daily Mail]

This will never happen imo

Despite his agent's comments, Yaya Toure wants to prove himself to Pep Guardiola this year and earn a new contract at City. [Daily Mail]
Toure has vowed to do everything in his powers to convince Guardiola that he can still make an impact in the first team. [Daily Mail]
Smells like either the media or Yaya/Seluk are lining Pep up as the bad man when he hardly plays this season.

Smells like either the media or Yaya/Seluk are lining Pep up as the bad man when he hardly plays this season.
I think it is yaya so he can say pep was in the wrong to not play him when he leaves,of course we may all be surprised and he knuckles down and plays his way in

Strange how things change very quickly. 2 years ago i couldn't really imagine the side without Yaya and was dreading him leaving. Now i don't give him much of a second thought when thinking what side will play on saturday, he has become completely insignificant to our future success.

I do however think its a real shame how his legacy at City has been effected by all the BS his agent has come out with. He was immense during both our second title seasons yet he may well be remembered for all the crap his agent spreads.

I agree that it's a shame but I think it's mostly because people are so easily offended.

Some people want to believe he's lazy and that he has his agent speak for him. I choose to believe that he's just slow because he's aging and he sees he accepts agent as he is (i.e. a great guy for getting him deals/wages but one who comes at the cost of talking shit and upsetting some fans). Who knows who's right...none of us are close enough to know.

At his best he was great and I hope that'll be what we remember as the years roll by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.