Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is with Toure. 6' 2", 14.5 stones and 34 years old next birthday, if he does have a future with us we have a ready made ball playing CB who won't be expected to be doing 60-70 yard shuttle runs up and down the pitch all match in the PL.

Pellegrini absolutely wasted and misused so many players during his tenure and using Nasri and Silva as wingers perfectly illustrated how clueless the man was. I hope Pep can bring himself to wipe the slate clean and judge the likes of Yaya and Nasri on how they react to him rather than their previous history especially under Manuel.

If neither has a future under Pep then so be it, but there's a big part of me that wishes they're both still here after the window shuts so their undoubted talents can be used to full effect during the coming season. It's gonna be a long hard slog this season and aside from Silva, Nasri and Yaya are the 2 best ball players we have albeit their attitudes stink 'allegedly'.

Yaya at DM maybe? He played that role under Pep at Barca. His distribution and ability on the ball is much better than Fernandinho's. Not a bad way to wind down his career.

He also played at CB for Barca on a few occasions most notably the CL final where you wouldn't have guessed it wasn't his natural position.

Everybody's problem with Yaya is his low workrate off the ball. However if he's put in a clear cut role right in front of the defense, firstly, he's not going to need to run as much. And secondly, Pep's his coach. He won't get away with being lazy.

Everybody's problem with Yaya is his low workrate off the ball. However if he's put in a clear cut role right in front of the defense, firstly, he's not going to need to run as much. And secondly, Pep's his coach. He won't get away with being lazy.
This is what suggests to me that the absence of Yaya & Nasri has more to do with 'My name is Pep, & I'm your new boss & I'm not standing for any of your previous bollocks', than what has happened since Pep has been here.

My problem with Yaya and most of our squad isn't down to them, it's down to Pellegrini who allowed the players to get away with those underwhelming performances time after time again. This is why I would also hope that Pep can see the bigger picture and utilise the talents of Nasri & Yaya to greater effect so showing any potential dissenters this is what happens if you fuck with Manchester City whist I'm the boss.

No player is bigger than our club & Pep is the first boss we've had who has everyone's universal support and a mandate to do as he see's necessary to sort out the problems left by Manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.