Don’t worry too much - We’ll be back

Nah not this season. It will need an extensive rebuild next season, with hopefully a strong number two to Pep.
Well next season it is then. Based on our form, we don’t deserve to win the league. Hit and miss all season. No point getting worked up imo. It won’t change results in the short term. Try and get top 4 and win a cup. Still plenty to play for.

Well next season it is then. Based on our form, we don’t deserve to win the league. Hit and miss all season. No point getting worked up imo. It won’t change results in the short term. Try and get top 4 and win a cup. Still plenty to play for.
Agreed. Pep gets in a strong number two, get rid of the players that no longer want to be here. Get rid of the deadwood first teamers. Sign a strong left back, additional pace in the midfield, and a couple of pacy wingers.

I actually think we played a pretty good game today. We have been out of sorts and that along with the media United wankfest I think contributed to a safety first attiude in the 1H - I am sure Pep didn't want to concede the first goal. But we were very good for much of the 2H - and then corruption intervened. With halfway fair officiating, we win that game and it's happy days on this forum.

Injuries to Walker, Laporte, Stones, Diaz has given us no consistency at the back. Akanji has been a bargain, but for me med be fifth choice and he’s probably played most games at the back since he signed.

We’re no way out of it but six points are needed from the Spurs double header and a win at the Emirates imo.

Injuries to Walker, Laporte, Stones, Diaz has given us no consistency at the back. Akanji has been a bargain, but for me med be fifth choice and he’s probably played most games at the back since he signed.

We’re no way out of it but six points are needed from the Spurs double header and a win at the Emirates imo.
To be fair when all were fit we rotated.

Over the years, loads of teams have won the Champions League while they’ve been inconsistent in the league.

Chelsea have won it twice in the last decade: in 2011-12 they won it while finishing 6th (25 points behind the Prem winners) and in 2020-21 while finishing 4th (19 points behind the Prem winners).

Liverpool won it in 2004-05 when they finished 5th (37 points behind the Prem winners).

The last five times Real Madrid have won the Champions League, they’ve finished 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st in the league. 3/5 times they didn’t win the league as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.