Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The wolves are coming home to roost."

FFS
flying_wolf_by_jcharnaux-d4qpx22.jpg

I'm far from a Trump fan and would've preferred Hillary to win but now its happened I'm trying to look for any potential positives. Firstly, I don't think Trump is quite as obnoxious and bigoted as he came across during the campaign. Secondly, despite noises in some quarters that he'll be a huge threat to world peace I can't help thinking that he's a lesser threat than Hillary. Thirdly, I reckon he might well deliver on at least some of his promises to the American people - not all of them as that would be impossible, but it looks like austerity in the US could be over. Fourthly, there's a chance that the outlook for ourselves post-Brexit could now be brighter given his vocal support for Brexit and it's interesting to note that the pound is rocketing against the Euro.

All in all, this might not turn out to be quite as bad as many people feared. Of course, he won't be making all the decisions by himself either - he'll have a good support group of experts advising him every step of the way.

His last sentence carries an element of truth, I'm afraid. Picking Hilary has allowed Trump into office.

But it does ignore the fact that the selection was done at the same time, and probably no-one thought Trump would win the Republican nomination either. By the time that was clear, the Democrat decision was already pretty certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.